Second Heartbreak

*** Picture above of Mario Testino, famous photographer and Maca's best friend***

I woke up feeling wonderful. What a night! What a man! I wonder if all Irish guys are like him, strong but gentle in bed. And what about his love making?? He seriously should win an award! Where is he by the way? I thought he was in the bathroom.

I got up and tried the bathroom but nothing, suddenly I could hear a soft voice coming from the living room. He must be on the phone. I smile like a looney walking towards the man I'm in love with. He's on the phone, naked. Wow! What a beautiful body he has! I'm secretly admiring the show when my subconscious screams at me to pay attention what he was saying.

"Amelia, calm down, you don't need to cry. Talk to me, what's wrong?"

"What???!! Pregnant?????? How come?? I mean, how far are you??"

"Is it mine???"

"I know, I know, I didn't mean to"

"Of course I know. I'm sorry darling."

"I'm in shock, that's it."

"Of course I'll meet you. I'm leaving today."

I can't believe what I'm listening to. This can't be true. My legs  started to shake. All the blood has drained from my face. Pregnant??? Who is it??? My heart aches. My head is spinning. Please don't faint. Or cry. Fuck! I dropped something.

"Millie, I'll call you once I'm there. Good bye"

He stood there in his perfect nakedness. Looking at me while the sun rose in Rio de Janeiro. His beautiful blue eyes looked sad. He was thinking what to say. We stood staring at each other what it felt like a decade. Finally, I found some courage and spoke.

"So, who is Millie"

"My ex girlfriend. She just called me, she needs me. She's pregnant"

"With your baby?"

"Yes. Maca, baby, I....."

"Don't Maca, Baby me!!!! What the fuck Jamie??? We just made love!!!"

"I know. And I will always cherish you. I am sorry. I had no idea."

"You are leaving, aren't you?"

"I have to. I need to be by her side".

" Just go Jamie!"

" Maca, I....."

"Just go Jamie! I'll change and give you some privacy to pack."

Saying this, I changed in the bathroom and when I was done I left without looking back. Gosh this hurts. I need a drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to the hotel bar. Why???? Why???? Why?????? It was too good to be truth. I am drinking whiskey and I hate whiskey!!

"Maca??? Is that you??"

I turned to see a handsome man who hugged me.

"Mario!!!! Que bueno verte!!!"

And I gave myself into his hug. Mario Testino the best photographer in the world!!! And a dear, dear friend who happened to be Peruvian too! It was so good to see him!!!!

"Que paso??? Why are you drinking by yourself? Don't tell me you went back to Cauã!"

"No, I didn't. Another asshole in my life. I started collecting them".

"Oh, my dear. What are man for other than give us pleasure and heartache".

"That's true!"

I smile fondly. Mario surely knows how to lift a girl's spirits.

"At least, was the sex good?"

"Really good!"

"Excuse me, Miss Santana?"

I turned to find a Brazilian young man with an envelope in his hand addressed to me.

"Mr. Dornan left a message for you".

"Thank you!"

"Dornan? As in Jamie Dornan???"

I flushed and I felt like crying.

"Oh baby!! Let it out. I know him. Handsome as the devil in person. It's ok honey. You'll be ok."

And I opened my heart. I told Mario everything. How we met. The movie. How Erika sent us on a trip to bond. The fun days with my family. Our encounter with Cauã. The kiss in the elevator. His promises. The perfection in bed. Everything.

Mario listened carefully and after I finished asked me if he could open the letter which was clenched in my hands all this time.

Dear Macarena,

I can't express how sorry I am for this situation. Just give me some time to figure this out. Don't walk away from me, from us. I'll see you back in L.A.

Love,

           Your Jamie.

My Jamie????? WTF??!!!! Why is he so good with words???? I need a shot. I was about to order one when Mario stopped me.

"Do you want my opinion?"

I nodded frantically.

"Go back to L.A but don't talk to him. Do not answer his calls. Give him space to figure this out. After all, it's a child we're talking about".

"I know"

And so I did.

Here I am in a cab on my way to the airport. Once again leaving Rio de Janeiro with a heartbrake. Note to myself: Don't ever come back to Rio!!!

*** So what do you guys think so far??? Please feel free to comment. I am eager to know what you think. Thanks! Xoxo-Z ***