The Day Before The Tournament

Start from the beginning

"Kieran, tomorrow, we're going to watch no matter what! Forget about that unnecessary research project you're working on for now! Our daughter's going to be in such an amazing event!" While she was distracted, I immediately leave the table with Thoth and head to the front door. We put on our shoes and open the door, where we see a girl with short, white hair standing right at my doorway. She makes eye contact with me, then with Thoth.

"...good morning..." she mutters out. "I wanted to come hang out with you today, Aria..."

A moment of silence goes between the three of us.

"...hey there! You're Raina, right?" Thoth says cheerfully to her. Her words surprised Raina for some reason, but she regains her normal expression not long.

"Yeah... you're Aria's interpreter... Thoth Farlite?" She replies.

"Yep, yep, that's right! I'm happy that you remember me! We're just about to go downtown, do you want to come too?" She invites Raina cheerfully, which puts a smile on her face as she accepts.

I'm glad that Thoth had an outgoing, cheerful personality at times like these. She probably has way more friends than I do at school, probably being surrounded by people while I'm being avoided. It kind of saddens me, thinking about it this way, but I forget about it immediately, replacing it with what I will do with my friends for the going out.
––––––
"Here are your three sundaes, please enjoy." The waiter says as he placed down a sundae for Raina, Thoth and I. We all decided to go to the same parfait shop I went to with Raina the other day, and all ordered different flavors.

"Aria! Give me your cherry~" Thoth demands, and I comply reluctantly. Upon seeing this, Raina gave me her cherry, which puts a smile on my face.

"You don't like whip cream?" Raina asks Thoth, noticing that she scooped it all out and put it on my sundae.

"Whip cream tastes a bit weird, you know? It's like they have flavor, but they don't?" Raina and I tilt our heads, confused by that answer. Even Thoth tilts her head after recalling her words. All three of our heads were tilted slightly, all of us confused. Then the two girls began laughing, while I just sat there not understanding why.

After that, Raina and I split the bill because Thoth didn't bring any money with her. We leave the shop and Thoth suggests that we head to the mall, which we accept. As we walk around, she sees something and suddenly pulls my arm.

"Aria, look, they opened an arcade! There's an arcade now! Let's go, let's go!" She says in excitement, and the three of us went to the arcade.

We did several things in the arcade. We competed in racing games, both motorcycle and cars, where Raina wiped the floor with us completely. Then, we played some sort of dance game where we stepped on four directional pads embedded into some sort of platform connected to the machine. Thoth was the victor in this, because she cheated with her weird skill that allows her to instantly stop her steps and change them in a different direction. After that came shooting games, the events I dominated because I was the only one here with any actual practice with a gun. While they just fired all over the screen with trigger happy fingers, I actually killed my targets with the minimum amount of shots required.

When we're completely satisfied with our time in the arcade, we leave after spending about 60 silver in total for it. I brought 2 gold coins with me this time, so we were alright for money. Upon leaving the arcade, Thoth immediately becomes excited about something.

"Hey, hey, check this out! It's a photo booth! Come on, let's all take a picture together! Let's go!" Sometimes, I wonder if this person really was the former [Demon Lord]. She's definitely acting like a normal active 8 years old girl, after all. I try imagining Thoth acting like this in her previous appearance, which kind of made me feel a bit sick.