The Horde Of Fire

Start from the beginning

This time, I took the offensive stance, and lunged towards the nearest wolf. As it was just about to land on me. I lean backward and slide under it. With my back making friction with the ground, I slam the weapon in my hand right into its chest as I slide by, and the corpse dragged over me into one of the other wolves that tried to pounce me. I stand up immediately after, facing the closest target to me, which was the alpha wolf.

Its body was at least 3 meters tall, big enough to bite off the head of the boar I just killed earlier. The wolf growls at me, and sprints forward, swiping its claws at me when it got close. Instead of stepping back, I go forward and under its head faster than it could react, gripping it by the snout. It begins to shake its head to try and shake me off, but I twist it with all my strength, killing it easily. I swing off the snout before the body fell limp onto the ground, and landed on my feet.

One of the wolves tried to pounce on me just as I land, but instead, I dodge the lunge by quickly twisting my body to the side. As it flies past me, I grab its fur and spin the wolf around me. Using the momentum from spinning it, I ram the body right into the closest tree, and trunk of the tree is destroyed by the force. Gravity forces the tree to fall over, landing on the body of the dead alpha wolf. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to have it land on the remaining two wolves.

Both wolves were now hesitant in coming to attack me, so I came to them instead. I run straight towards both wolves, which caused them to react. One of them ran right at me, trying to bite my neck like the other wolves. I easily dodge the attack and kicked its head, sending it flying into another nearby tree. The tree didn't fall from the force, though.

I look at the final wolf, who didn't come at me. It wasn't running either, but the monster's mouth was opened widely showing its sharp teeth, ready to bite at me. I recall from the earlier ambush with Thoth that these things also breathe fire, so I immediately dash towards it, but I was too late. A large ball of fire is shot from its mouth, and the momentum from my dash couldn't let me escape to the sides. Instead, I push off the ground as hard as possible, and leap as high as I can.

Thankfully, I was able to jump over the 2 meter fireball, and I was spinning in the air above the wolf, about to land right on top of it. I swing my leg down on its head, feeling my leg sink right into the skull of the monster, the monster died on the spot. After killing the final wolf, I stand alone in the middle of a small pile of monster corpses, with their blood splattered onto me.

"Battle has ended.
Burning Alpha Wolf has been defeated. Received 6,000 experience.
Burning Wolf x 5 has been defeated. Received 7,500 experience.
Boar of Flames has been defeated. Received 2,000 experience.
Deer of Fire has been defeated. Received 2,500 experience.
Heat Sparrow has been defeated. Received 750 experience.
3,018,487,500 experience until level 32."

I relax my guard as I hear the nostalgic voice of the [System]. It's been 8 years since I've actually done anything for it to report, after all. Though, that amount of experience needed until the next level is the largest number I've ever seen from the [System]. Not that it matters, anyway, and the amount needed probably increased due to the fact that I cursed myself this heavily.

Normally, I would be scavenging these carcasses and taking what materials I could find, but right now, I didn't really need it. I only came here to fight, after all, and regain battle experience.

Although I didn't suffer any direct attacks from the monsters, the hot environment is starting to affect my body, and the blood of the monsters is extremely hot. I didn't feel it at first because the bandages stopped it from making contact with my body, but now that it has soaked its way through, it has really started to burn my skin.