As If Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough! (Ch. 5)

**A/N: Hmm... not really much to say today... Happy Saturday? Well four votes or comments until I post more. :) <3 SarahRuRu**

As If Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough!

Chapter 5: Jealousy

Point of view: John

I walked into the entrance of the hospital, and I immediately wanted to walk right out. To the right of me, about twenty feet ahead, was my baby sister, and the guy who saved her, flirting. I'm glad he saved her and everything, but come on, he did his duty, can't he leave my sister and I alone now?

I walked towards them and cleared my throat obnoxiously. They both jumped and Casey practically jumped into his arms. Well that didn't work out as planned.

"Hey, Casey, ready to go?" I said pointedly ignoring whatever his name was.

"Sure, I'll see you later, Sean." Casey said whilst smiling.

"Bye." Sean said and walked over to the receptionist.

Once we were out of ear shot, I asked, "So, you're okay, right?"

"Of course! The doctors just said I have minor lung damage, but they can't do anything about it so they said I could go and check myself out and go home. What about you?" Casey said talking like a true teenager, in one high pitched run on sentence.

"I'm fine. The paramedics checked my breathing, and said that I got out before any major damage was done. Are you hungry?" I said trying to get the attention off me and onto her. I felt bad that I wasn't the one to save her, I felt like I had let her down.

"Not really. Where did you park?" Casey asked looking around the parking lot.

"Oh we're over here," I said pointing down the row to our beaten up '94 Acura Legend that I managed to buy with my savings.

"Oh okay. Is there going to be school tomorrow?" Casey asked me looking hopeful. I answered back that there was, but we are going to be at an assembly most of the day, and then joined classes due to the fact that at least a third of the school burned down. We got into the car, and I wanted to quiet my curiosity about Casey and the Sean kid so I went out and asked her.

"So Case, what's up with you and Sean?" I refrained from calling him 'the complete stranger who may have saved your life but you still don't know'.

"Oh nothing, he just wanted to make sure I was okay, and we got to talking about our schedules, what it was like living in the orphanage and I learned that his mother died when he was three from cancer." Casey said nonchalantly.

I wasn't really sure how to reply to that, so I turned on the radio and let Casey pick the station and went over everything that had happened in the past three days. We left the orphanage, arrived in California, moved into our teeny tiny apartment, I learned that orphanage education sucks, and I am going to repeat my senior year, Casey and I got stuck in the middle of our worst nightmare, Casey found a new possible boy friend, and I still haven't found a job. Jeez, who knew that California life could be so hectic?

"John?" Casey asked, trying to get my attention.

"Hmm? Sorry Case, I was just thinking." I said trying to sound apologetic.

"Can we stop off at Golden Spoon?" Casey asked with a puppy dog face. I guess we deserve it after all we've been through, but money is kind of tight... I'll get Casey something and say I'm not hungry. Oh gosh... I'm really acting like a parent and it's only been, what? Three days, since I was pronounced her legal guardian. Wow.

"Sure Case." I said and pulled into the parking space in the alleyway. We walked past the liquor store, then past the antique store and finally walked into the Golden Spoon.

"Hey guys!" Said the girl behind the counter; she was blonde and tall with green eyes and really long hair. She looked about Casey's age.

"Hey." I muttered back trying to be nice. I looked to my right and saw a family of three sitting with the owner.

"Yeah, there was an Enzo and like, three Lamborghini Gallardos, it was sweet." The dad went on talking to the owner. The daughter and the mother sat there listening and eating their frozen yogurt. The joys of being a family.

"You know what you want, Case?" I asked Casey trying not to torment myself with what we lost and won't get back.

"Yeah, I'm going to get a mini Vanilla with cookie dough." Casey said looking at me as if she was asking if that was okay.

"Alright, go ahead and tell..." I said gesturing at the girl behind the counter.

"Morgan." The girl supplied.

"Hello, can I have a mini Vanilla with cookie dough, please?" Casey asked sounding like she was a normal fourteen year old girl. Well I guess she is for the most part.

Morgan looked at me expectantly, but I just muttered that I wasn't hungry and got out some cash to pay for Casey's yogurt. I could tell Casey didn't want to stay so I asked if it could be packaged for to-go and Morgan said yes and put a lid on Casey's yogurt.

When we left the family and owner were talking about going to some car show up in Pasadena.

"Ready to go home, Case?" I asked Casey who looked like she was lost in thought.

"Yeah, let's go." Casey said, trying to hide whatever she was thinking of from me.

We hopped into the car and drove home in silence. The whole time I was wondering what Casey was thinking about. Little did I know, Casey wasn't thinking, she was playing the day's memories over in her head; something didn't seem quite right to her and later I would notice the same thing, something didn't seem right at Laguna High School.

© SarahRuRu

**A/N: Hmm... not really much to say today... Happy Saturday? Well four votes or comments until I post more. :) <3 SarahRuRu**