Chapter 58

"Move your feet!"

"Keep your arms up!"

"Watch your head!"

Shouting rang throughout the camp as warriors practiced their swordsmanship and archery.  The camp was bustling as people moved back and forth.  The loud clang clang of the blacksmiths was deafening if you walking near them.  Horses neighed and reared as their hooves were seen too. 

The tents were set up in a seemingly haphazard design.  If you looked at it more closely, you'd see that the tents were set up in a rows that were slightly staggered.  There was also something unique about all of the tents.  Usually tents were of different sizes and colors.  These tents were all of uniform size, shape, and color.  If you walked through the camp, you wouldn't be able to determine where the higher ranking officers were.  That is what made this camp set up strategic.  The enemy would spend all of their time stumbling through the camp looking for the head of the army.

"Barrie!"

Barrie turned at the sound of her name.  Claude was busy weaving his way around and through the tents, animals, and people who stood between him and Barrie.  Barrie stopped and waited for Claude to reach her.  She smiled as when she saw him.  It'd been several turns of the moon since she'd last seen him.

"It's good to see you again Claude.  I've missed you."

Claude seemed flustered as Barrie gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.  He fidgeted slightly and patted her roughly on the back before he cleared his throat.  "I have news for you Barrie."

Barrie made a motion with her hand in front of her.  "Let's take a walk."  Claude fell into step beside her.  He remained quiet as they walk a twisting path through the camp.  Barrie was just getting ready to ask Claude what he was going to say to her when he finally spoke.

"Your father has been moving troops rapidly.  There is no rhyme or reason to his movements.  He has also moved the Queen and her children far out of the way.  There has been no chatter amongst the servants."

Barrie looked sharply at Claude.  "The servants aren't talking?"

Claude shook his head.  "Not even a peep."

"What does it mean?"

"Your guess is as good as mine my lady.  He has never been this secretive."

Barrie gave Claude a secretive small.  "He was when he slept with Mother."

Claude tipped his head to her.  "Your right my lady.  I guess I should have said, is that he's never been so secretive as King."

Barrie nodded as they walked through camp.  "He used to surprise me when I was little."

Claude clapped her on the back and gave her a fatherly look.  "Then let us hope that his surprise is one that we like."

Barrie nodded.  "So do I.  I can only take this as a good sign because he's never sent the Queen away.  At least as long as I can remember."