Chapter Forty

"For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
― Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

NOTE: the picture above- Lucas master's bedroom.

Like what he promised to her, Lucas grant her wish to invade his kitchen and she can freely have it to whatever she wanted to do with it.

Honesty, he carefully designed this kitchen for her delicate taste, for he believes that one day she will be the queen of this house.

His house looked more lovelier, brighter and full of life. She color his life and she brought back his soul . He couldn't asked for anything more, just this one huge thing- a blessing from Leendon, to the man who  took the responsibilities and obligations by his absence.

Hopefull for his aim, he invited Leendon to joined him to the entertainment room. In this room no one can heard them and they can talk privately.

This room has a wine bar and huge a home theater.

"Have a sit." he offered him a seat.

"Wow! This is great." Leendon got stunned at the meticulously design of the entertainment room.

"Thanks! I guess I can take that compliment, I designed the whole building but I meticulously worked this penthouse." he chuckled and turned toward the rack of a different brand of wine.

"Your genius, no wonder WorldCon soared high in just eight years." Leendon smiled at him.

"It's not easy but I can dance in tune in this business. I love this job." Lucas poured a wine for him.

Leendon appreciatively looked to each side of the room then he sternly stared to Lucas.

"Anyway, I guess you wouldn't invite me for just a glass of wine So, what is it Lucas?" Leendon grabbed the glass of wine and looked at him.

"Well, I'd like to ask your blessing. I'm really sincere to patch thing with her." he said and took a deep breath. "I really appreciate the things you had done to them and I apologize for my unbiased judgement to both of you." Lucas seriously said and drank his wind in one go.

Leendon took a deep breathed.

"Lucas, she have me before you. I love her since we were young. I care for her not because she is my best friend. I love her like she's part of my body. Her happiness is most important to me. They're a family to me and they will remain as it is. Quien will remain my daughter even I am not  her real father. If you can accept with that, then we don't have a problem." he chuckled and brought his glass to the air.

"Man! I won't ever dare to break my daughter's heart." he poured another wine for them.

"Good! Cause If you hurt them, I will be your biggest enemy. I have no plan to be separated with them, so you need to get to used of my presence." Leendon smiled to him while playing with his wine.

"They're too lucky to have you. I'm so thankful that you're with them in their most needed time." Lucas sadly sighed, and Leendon saw a pain that painted in his face.

"Like what I've said they're a family." he patted Lucas shoulder.

"Well, it's more easy on my part now, cause you're​ there to share my responsibilities and obligations'. " Lucas laughed and the drank the remaining of his wine.

"Oh! No!" Leendon also laughed. "This time, is all yours!" Leendon toast his glass to Lucas. "Welcome to the fatherhood Mr. Montero! Promise, it's feel so great especially if there's a baby that won't let you sleep at night!" he laughed heartily.