Chapter Twenty Four

"The future for me is already a thing of the past -
You were my first love and you will be my last"
~★ Bob Dylan ★~

A day of waiting to tracked the location of Athena and Quien made Lucas so upset. His detailed plan for their future were just easily crumpled. He figured that his past actions of playing around with women made Athena run away. The airport incident was the only thing that he knew that would bring her to hate him and decided to stay away from him.

"Hey bro! I have a new update." Alex approached him in the liquor bar of his room.

 "Good! I need a positive news." Lucas faced his brother while holding a glass of vodka.

 "It's a good and a bad news." Alex said and stood beside him while pouring a glass of vodka.

"What's the good news?" Lucas asked with his control demeanor.

"The good news was all the flight yesterday until late night was cancelled due to a heavy rain.

"Good! So you mean to say that they're still in the country?" Lucas said with a glint of hope.

"Hmmm! Maybe or maybe not! The bad news is that they're not listed in all the passengers​ that left this morning. The investigator said that they're maybe boarded in a private plane. But this morning no private plane left." Alex explained​ while taking a glimpse in his brother sudden change of calmness to anger mood.

 "So you mean to say that we could track them?" he asked​ with a louder voice. "What kind of that investigator we hired? He's not good in his job!" Lucas baritone voice boomed in the whole room.

"Bro, have a little patience. The investigator is doing his best to locate them. Let's just wait. Don't worry I know that they are safe. Doctor Pierre will take care of them." Alex pattted his brother shoulder to showed his support.

"Yes I know, he will. But, I also know that he'll took away my daughter and Athena. And that's what I cannot accept." he said furiously and drank his vodka in one go, then he slumped​ on the couch nearby.

"Luke, they go with him with their own free will. Maybe, Athena just wanted take a little time off with you. And, to leave the country is only option that she can see. Did you done something that hardly tick her off, that made her stay out of reach?" Alex asked​ suspiciously.

"I guess she saw my latest gossip with Arienne." he sighed​ heavily.

 "Oh Bro! you're totally dead!" Alex said with dismayed​ and sat him.

"I know... that's why I need to see them soon so I can explain to her." he said while still leaning on the couch and closed his eyes, feeling tired of the situation.

 "I think, it's best if you leave her alone for a while. Just let her anger subside, she will not accept your explanation this time." Alex suggested​ and stood from his seat. " Just think about my suggestion bro, okey? I'm going now, Daddy asked me to report at the office. I been away for a little while so I need to make it double mybtime with the paper works.

"Okey Lex, thanks for all the help." Lucas smile to his brother.

"You're always welcome big bro! Cheer up!" he smile back and left Lucas room.

Lucas sighed heavily while staring at the ceiling of his room, thinking of any best solution to resolve his current situation. He wants​ to find them by himself but he have a company to run and there's a minor problem with their latest project, he needs to fix it before he freely round around the globe to look for them.

 "Where the hell are you, Athena?" he silently asked and walked​ toward the window then looked at their garden and he saw his mother warmly tending her flower pots.