Chapter Six

" By practicing  compassion and forgiveness, one can control hatred."
—Lorraine Montero

Lucas entered to their grandeur mansion. He looked around to their spacious living room while  hoping to see even one of his parents.

After the incident at the diner, the unexpected encounter at Athena made his blood accelarates into a full rage.

"What was that cold stare she thrown at me? She's not even ashamed on what was she had done to me? She is kind  accusing me on something. She  don't have any right to hates me from leaving her when she was the one being unfaithful to  me." he  consoled himself while slowly shaking his head.

He wouldn't deny she still hold the big part of  his heart, she still the owner of his heart. When he saw her at the diner  he almost forgot the hates  he carried for seven years.

He can even forgive her if she will just ask for it. He's still crazy in love with her. Through the years his mind and his heart were only for Athena Sandoval.

"What's that grumpy face son?" his mother greeted him while descending on the grand winding stairs.

"It's nothing mom, it's only a bad morning." he smiled​ and kissed her cheek.

"Well, maybe a nice breakfast will change your mood." she hugged her son and walked toward the dining room.

Mrs. Lorriane Montero a devoted wife of the successful business man Randolf Theodore Montero. A loving mother to her two son, Lucas and Alex.

Her eldest son Lucas was once a sweet loving person unlike her younger son Alex who's witty and  possessive. He were  thoughtful, caring, a very  loving son.

But one day he turned to be a cold hearted person. Her sweet boy who always had a  charming smile turned to be an angry man. She missed her sweet son.

That day, that certain day when he came home from his visits to his  godfather's clinic and return home with a sagged shoulders.

He seems at lost and so much in pain. That night she heard her husband and her son talking seriously at the  library. She heard her husband comforting words to his son's misery.

One morning after that serious talksed at the library, her son left home. Her once a sweet son returned as a serious and cold hearted man.

After  Lucas left home, she investigates on what was  happened to him. Rick his son personal driver told her everything.

Before, she thought her son will soon get over to his  failed relationship, but after seven long years, her son is still in prison from his past.

Last month, after the seven long years of wondering she finally meet the woman who put her son in a miserable life.

She had only saw her in portrait that her son were painted years ago. She doesn't recognize her when Rick accidentally bumped her and her young daughter to Athena's Gift Shop.

She helped her to get up from the ground. She apologized deeply when she noticed that the little girl got bruise on her arm. But when she touched​ the little girl, she felt  a connection to her.

She don't mind the especial connections she felt toward the little girl until Rick told her that was Athena and her daughter. Athena, her son's ex girlfriend.

From that moment she already know that the little girl was Lucas daughter and her own grand daughter. Her heart leaped with so much joy.  Finally, the heaven heard her prayer.

Then she begun to secretly investigate on every details about her grand daughter and her mother. She even saw, that Lucas daughter have a same qualities, likes, dislikes and a gifted talent  like her father.

Now, she knew that her grand daughter will be the key for her son to get back from his old self.

"Earth to Mom." he snapped his finger in front of his mother's face. "What's wrong Mom? Seems you're day dreaming? Is dad asked you a date tonight?" he shooked his head while he pulled a chair for him and for her mother.

"Oh no just something good comes in my mind. And I'm sure it is  going to blows your mind." she teased her son.

"Well, if it's about Alex that he already give in to your wish about a grand kid, then it worth blowing  for." he took his seat start to get his food. While her mother poured a coffee for him.

"No... no... no... not with Alex. Oh God! no one knows how happy and excited I am . Your father will  go crazy once he meet her." she happily grinned.

 "Her? it means a girl? A grand daughter? Mom, if she's not with Alex? so with whom?" he curiously asked his mother.

 "It's a secret for you to find out son." she smiled and took his son's shoulders and hugged him tight.

"Whatever Mom,  just keep on dreaming as long as your happy.  Don't worry I ask my brother to give you a grand kid this year."  he seriously  promised to his mother then kissed​ her cheek and lead her to sat again.

"I already have a pretty grand daughter. And I  don't need to ask you and Alex  to give me another one this year. Maybe in the near future but not for now. I'm going to enjoy and spend more time with her."  she pinched​ Lucas nose while teasing him more.

"Mom! please! where do you get that idea about that grand daughter issue? Unless we had a half brother/sister and they finally gave you a grandkids." he seriously glaring his mother. "Wait! Oh yes! Tyron! oh! really Mom? Mandy is already pregnant? That fucker!  he doesn't mention it to me when we meet at the diner.

"Hey! no sweetie, not Mandy. One day you are going to meet my lovely grand daughter. And this house were going to have   full of laughter again."  she dreamily smiled.

"Whatever Mom let's continue our breakfast." he  stared at her mother with worry in his face.

Tonight he's going to talked at his father about his mother condition. Maybe she's​ having a stress and emotional  problem. He started to get worry at his mother condition. "What was happened in this house when I'm gone." he asked himself silently.

Lorraine looked at her son's contoured face. Since he came home yesterday, she never saw him smile. She knew that Lucas tried to open himself to them so they won't think that he's a hard person to get along.

Her son totally changed. She doesn't know how to reach him. The only hope she knew that will bring Lucas back is her grand daughter.

His success or his wealth can't make him happy.

No matter what she will make them a family. She promised.