Chapter Twenty Eight

"I want morning and noon and nightfall with you. I want your tears, your smiles, your kisses... the smell of your hair, the taste of your skin, the touch of your breath on my face. I want to see you in the final hour of my life... to lie in your arms as I take my last breath."
—Lisa Kleypas, Again the Magic

The silent conversation woke her up. She looked around then she noticed, Leendon was having a serious conversation with the two strangers.

The two strangers are a male doctor and female nurse. The doctor smiled at her when he noticed that she already awake. He walked toward her with Leendon in towed.

 "Hello! Miss Sandoval? I'm Doctor Leanard Gregory, the hotel doctor. What do you feel right now?" the doctor greeted her.

"I feel alright. What happen to me?" she asked while looking at them.

"You fainted at the elevator. Since Dr. Pierre was already taking care of you before I came. Now, all I need to do is a few check up."  the doctor replied and asked his nurse to assist him.

"Okey Sweetheart, I'll wait outside." Leendon sweetly said and kissed her pale face.

"Thank you, Dr. Pierre, I'll do it fast."  the doctor shook hand with Leendon.

"Take your time Dr. Gregory." Leendon smiled at them before he went out of the room.

After Leendon left them, the doctor immediately start checking on her. Doctor Gregory gave her a kindest smile. After a few minutes, he looked warmly to her and sat at the nearby chair.

"I think we need to invite Doctor Pierre before I tell you this great news." the doctor asked his nurse to call Leendon.

"What do you mean?." she felt curious, so she got up on her bed.

"Let's wait Doctor Pierre  before I tell this great news." he kindly said.

Then Leendon approached them worriedly.

"There you are. Please have a sit Doctor Pierre I don't want you to faint after I tell you this great news." Doctor Gregory joked while waiting for Leendon to sit.

 "Okey." then Leendon sat on her bed.

He looked back and forth to Dr. Gregory and Athena. He was very  curious about this great news.

"What's this great news?" he looked at the doctor while holding her hand.

"Congratulations to both of you! I think Ms. Sandoval is pregnant. She needs to visit my clinic for further examination to make us one hundred percent sure. Base on my examination I saw all the signs pregnancy to her." he said happily and he stood to congratulat them.

"Thank you Doctor Gregory." Leendon replied after he got back from a minute of  shock.

"I better go now so my patient can have her full rest." Dr. Gregory smiled at them while picking his medicine kit and gave it to his nurse. He congratulate them again before he finally left them.

Ten minutes had passed, none of them tried to talk. The only noise they can heard are their own heavy breathing.

They are still on the moment of shock. Until Leendon cannot take it anymore, he hugged her tightly and they both cries.

Leendon cried for their suppose new level of relationship that might be no future while she cried when she realized that she's has no way out if Lucas knows about the new baby.

She's so sure, Lucas will pressured her to be part of their children lives. And now, even she doesn't want him, she have no choice but to take him back for the sake of their children.