Chapter Twenty Six

“I may not always be with you. But when we're far apart. Remember you will be with me. Right inside my heart.”
-Marc Wambolt

"Uncle Leend! Mommy! Come! hurry up!" Quien excitedly shouted.

Today, they were going to the beach.

"Princess, we're going in a bit so please get your bag and wait for us on the couch while your Uncle Leend and I finish loading our things" she said and picked the picnic bag.

Leendon stood in front of them smiling.

"Okey, we better head now, seems our Princess can't settle herself until we're not at the beach. Come Princess let's go!" Leendon laughed while he grabbed the four bags on the floor with his two big hand. "Beach, here we come!" he shouted excitedly too and walked​ toward the door while Quien and Athe is in tow.

The drive at the beach become so slow. They encountered​ a traffic jam in this early morning that usually happened only on a rush hour. An almost  one hour on the road without any car moving Quien started to get bored and she became more restless at the back seat.

"Mommy, how long are we gonna stay here on this traffic? How far the beach from here? " Quien asked while trying to stood on her seat and looked​ around at the traffic jam.

"Princess stay on your seat please." Athe warned​ her daughter.

"But Mom, my back ache." Quien said while looking at the back of their car.

When suddenly her eyes caught at the man in the car next to them. She almost jumped​ from her seat when she recognize who was it.

"Mommy! look! That's daddy in that car." she pointed her finger toward the black sport car. "Daddy! Daddy! We're here!" Quien shouted while she  tapped the car window beside her.

"What? Where?" she asked while she looked  at the direction where her daughter pointed, when their car suddenly starts to move.

"That's Daddy! He was driving in that black car. Mommy, What's Daddy doing here?" she asked​ innocently while looking at the black sports car who  over taking them.

"Princess that's not your Daddy, maybe you're just mistaken him with someone else." she carefully explained to her daughter.

"But Mom I know it's Daddy!" Quien said and looked​ at her mother with full of hope.

"Princess, if  that's your Daddy I'm sure he will going to see you soon. So better take your seat, the beach is just five minutes away. I know you're really wanted​ to be there so soon, right?" Leendon smiled and pinched​ her cheek while he took a glance at Athena.

Leendon knew that she's now questioning herself if her daughter really saw her father. He also wonder if Quien really saw Lucas. If it was him, he might be a big torn to his plan in courting Athena.

But, this time he going pursue his good intentions to her. And tonight he set a well plan date with her. Tonight is the start of their new next level of  relationship, not just being a best friend but a lover.

He smiled to the two most beautiful people in his life while driving carefully toward the beach.

"Yes! Yehey! I love beach!" Quien happily shouted and in just a mere second, she already forgot about her father.

LAST NIGHT, Lucas arrived at the house he had bought a week ago with the helped of his connection. It's opposite of the house where Athena and his daughter stayed.

He can almost see their front yard, like what was he instructed to the real state agent. He wanted to monitor everything about Athena and Leendon. He won't give Leendon any single chance to advance with Athena.