Chapter Twenty

"There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness."

~★ Friedrich Nietzsche ★~

Everything happened so fast, she couldn't imagine that her peaceful life turned to upside down in just a short period of time. She didn't know how to explain it to Leendon, she was so careless to fell to the trap that Lucas set for him. Her life was completely fine and contented before Lucas sudden reappearance.

"So Athe, are you ready to fill me in, what was all that news all about?" he intently stared at her and he sat closer beside her.

"Leend, it's not really a big deal." she sighed." I thought I can handle Lucas all by myself. I didn't told you about it, because I don't like to add it up to the things your need worries." she explained and she sadly looked at him.

"Why you need to handle him all by yourself? You always have me, you and Quien are always matters to me. What was really happened?" he asked while trying to evaluate the situation.

"It was started at Quien's accident, I thought after I carefully explained to him that he's not the father of Quien, he will instantly stop from his suspicion. I assured him that he didn't have any connection to Quien, but only they're just have the same blood type. But, when Lucas father knows about it, they conducted a DNA testing with the helped of their connections and influences. When Lucas knew about Quien he immediately go back here to claim his rights. To make a story short, I gave him a chance to be a father of my daughter in exchange of, that he will not bring this matter into the court for Quien's sake." she carefully explained​. "Leend, I'm so sorry if I kept this all by myself. You've already done too much for us and in this matter I try my best to handle this but I underestimate Lucas way of thinking, he wants more not only being Quien's father but he wants me back." she worriedly looked at him.

"You know him very well, how stubborn he is. He maybe look a little bit older as a years passed by but his attitude problem still intact. Way back when you're together he's almost kept you just by himself. So, be more cautious with him this time, in all his actions, if you wouldn't like to end up on those things happened to you before. I wouldn't asked why you end up sleeping together. Just please
don't keep me in the dark again, okey? If he will try force you on doing something you wouldn't like. I am always here for you." he endearingly smiled at her and hold both of her hand.

"Leend, Can I ask you something? I don't know if this is right time to ask about this." she looked at his eyes while having a second thought if she still need to continue to asked about it. She wanted to asked about this matter too long ago, but she didn't have a courage to do it and maybe this is the best moment to talked about it.

"Okay. Go on, fire away." he sweetly smiled at her while still holding her hand.

"Hmm, do you have a thing for me? I mean do you have a feeling for me beyond friendship?" she shyly asked and lower her eyes to their attached​ hand.

"Oh! I am that obvious?" he entangled their hand and slumped back on his seat." The truth is, I don't know when I started to like you. We been together since we're young. I care for you and I love you since then and now. I don't know what kind of love I feel for you. I love you as my best friend, I love you as a woman and I dream of you as my wife." he sat up straight and softly hold her both shoulders and lovingly look at her eyes. "But I wouldn't going force you to love me back the way I love you. Your happiness really matters to me, as long as your happy then I'm happy too. You are my best friend, that's I'm sure off. Whatever happen we're going to be best friend forever." he smiled at her and hugged​ her tight.

"Thank you Leend, I don't know what a good things I've done in my past life to have you as my gift and a blessing." Promise, forever best friend?" she asked​ and hugged​ him back.