Chapter Nine

"What makes you a man isn't the ability to conceive a child, it's having the courage to raise one."
- Oswald-

She felt so relieve, after that horrific accident they're totally back to normal. One thing she needs to be thankful, she doesn't heard anything from Lucas. Finally, they live peacefully.

She took glance at the far corner of the shop where her daughter was seated. From her work station she can watched her busily having fun withher sketch pad.

She looked intently to her daughter then she noticed she have so much resemblances to her father. To the food, hobbies, and mannerism; like when they pinched their noses if they're upset on something and regally crossed their feet when they sat. They were truly a father and a daughter because they have the power to made her fell in love with them.

Sometimes she wondered how life would be if Lucas never left them.

Suddenly the door chimes indicating they have a new costumer, and middle age couple walked regally inside their shop.

The lady lovingly whispered to her husband. She seems so excited on something. The lady pointed her finger to her daughter. The middle age man seems so shocked while staring to her daughter.

She got panicked when the couple slowly walked toward Quien. Her instinct told her to protect her daughter to the weird behavior of this couple. So she slowly walked toward  them. She hide at the nearby shelves to investigate what they're up to.

"See! I told you Sweetheart. I'm not  fantasizing! Your smile tells that you're extremely happy." the wife teased her husband.

"God, yes Sweetie! Come, let's talk to her." he encouraged his wife.

The middle couple walked closely her daughter. She felt nervous to their strange behaviour. Then she walked a little bit closer so she can heard their conversation.

Her eyes caught the familiarity of the couple. She intently looked at them. Her world came crashing, when she realized who was this couple.

Then it hits her hard! They're here to meet their granddaughter!

Her daughter sweetly smile to her unknown grand parents when she noticed the couple standing in front of her. Quien offered them a seat.

"Thank you young lady?" Randolf Montero said while he pulled a chair for his wife. He let her wife sat before him.

"Your welcome sir! My Mom always told me that I should be nice to our customers." Quien smiled to them.

"You're a very nice girl. What's your name young  lady?" he charmingly asked.

"My name is Quien Sandoval. Sir." her daughter replied.

"Oh no! Don't call me Sir. Let's say, call me Grandpa Rald. And this is my wife Lorraine. You can also call her Granny Rain." he giggled and he slightly pinched her pink cheeks.

"That's so lovely, I like that. My grannies live far from us. so I  don't see them much." she sadly informed them.

"Well, if you like you can visit us. Of course we need to asked your Mom's permission first. We live just 20 minutes from here. I often shop here. And maybe you remember me. The last time we visit my driver bumped you and your mother." Lorraine said while smiling at her.

"Oh! Now I remember you Granny Rain. You are my Aunt Liz favorite shopper cause you bought a lot of our stuff here." Quien cheerfully said.

"Then, you are now officially our grand daughter." Randolf Montero heartily laughed

She was just silently watched them. They're a family to her daughter. They wouldn't hurt her. So she let them enjoyed their moment.

"That's great! Can we have take a photo with you? Wait, let's asked your Mom's permission first." Mrs. Montero said.