Chapter Fourteen

"A REAL LOVER IS THE MAN WHO CAN THRILL YOU BY KISSING YOUR FOREHEAD OR BY SMILING INTO YOUR EYES OR JUST STARING INTO SPACE."
-Manilyn Monroe

For the past seven years, this was the first time he visited this famous fine dining restaurant again, where he and Athena celebrated their anniversaries.

This place hold many beautiful memories of them.

The place still look classy, the management successfully maintained the warm ambience of the place.

"Good Evening, Everyone!" the host warmly greeted on them.

"Good Evening, a reservation for three for Lucas Montero." Lucas formally informed the host.

"This way please." the host guided them on their table.

While they were waiting for their food, Lucas decided to rang Athena just to wish them good night, but his call just transfered to her voice mail. He wondered if they were already sleeping at eight in the evening. Feeling upset to the failed calls he put his cellphone back in his pants pocket.

He took a deep breathed and looked around to calm himself and his eyes landed at the two men who occupied the table next to them. To his surprised, he recognized the man who were engrossly talking on his cellphone. It's Leendon Pierre, looks like he were having a good conversation to whoever he talked too.

When suddenly, the other man snatched the phone from Leendon and talked a little bit louder. He almost slipped on his seat when the man mention Athena's name.

"Hey Goddess Athena, how are you? Can you please pass the phone to our Princess." the man talked excitedly. "Hello pretty, it's Uncle Donovan guess what! I've got something for you? Hmm, no! no! wrong guess, try again." Donovan laughed heartily." I guess you need to  find it until later, Your Uncle Leendon will bring it for you. Okey see you soon. Here's your Uncle Leendon." then he throw the phone to Leendon.

"Hello again beautiful, Oh, Donovan was just trying to spoil your daughter! Okey I will be there early morning. Good night, give my hug to my Princess. And don't forget to lock the doors, sweet dream. Yes don't worry I can still drive. Bye!" Leendon ended the call and shook his head while smiling.

A tapped from his shoulder made Lucas got his attention back to his meal.

"Son, something wrong? Your food are going to be cold. " his mother looked at him.

"I'm fine Mom, I just remember something that I need to be done before I came." Lucas lied, he didn't want them to get worried, especially his mother.

"Lucas, your brother can perfectly handle your business while you're here, leave yourself at ease, okay? Just focus to the reasons why you're here. It would never be easy, so bear it." his father gave him an encouraging smile.

"I know Dad, especially they used to live a life without me, and its seem that they don't need anything from me. My daughter live well, she haven't felt the emptiness of a fatherly love. Someone gave that to her. The care and love that I failed to give her." Lucas slumped back on his seat.

"Son, its understandable, you didn't know that you have a daughter. But now you have a whole life to make it up to them. You hurt Athena badly so be patient and don't give up easily on them. It's a long way process to regain her trust. And at this moment she doesn't trust you. Gain her trust again." his father gave him a encouraging smile.

"Thanks Dad, I'm so thankful that you and Mom never get tired of me." he warmly smiled to them.

"Of course, we never going to get tired to both of you?" his mother smiled at him proudly.