Chapter Thirty Six

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."
― Jodi Picoult

After three hours they're now on their way to Lucas penthouse suite. Athe and Lucas sat at the back of the black tented SUV while Alex sat on the front seat and Lucas trusted bodyguard name Thippe, drove the car. While his two other bodyguards tailed them in the white SUV with Lucas reliable secretary Claire.

"Ms. Sandoval, pouting will not help you to convince me to send you back to your hotel. Alex already called Leendon to informed him that you voluntered to take care of me while I am partially disable." Lucas happily winked at her.

"What! wait Mr. Self centered! I don't remember that I voluntered to take care of you!" Athe talked loudly and faced Lucas and glared at him fiercely.

"You are..." Lucas plainly replied while his eyes focused on the road ahead.

"This is unbelievable! Are your injured head made you assumed in so many things? Stop this car!" Athe shouted and hardly kicked Lucas left foot.

"Ouch! Hey! Do you want your future husband to be a permanent invalid?" Lucas strengthen his left foot. "Well it's a great favor to me. Finally, you're going to take care of me forever." Lucas whistled and sweetly smiled at her.

"You're​ really testing my patience haaa? Then, this goes for you!" she wrestled Lucas left arm then sweetly smiled back at him.

"Ahhh!" Lucas shouted from pain from her surprised attack. "Woman! My hand is so precious this cost a million dollars. If you're​ going to destroyed my body we're going to be penniless. And most importantly how can I pleasure you, cat woman?" Lucas teased her while throwing her a perverted smile.

"God! Your despicable! You're like a caveman! How can you say that words in public!" she disgustedly said while she covered her face with her hand.

"Sweetheart, don't be shy. They don't heard anything. Right guys?" Lucas looked to the two men at the front seat.

"Yeah! We are totally deaf. We didn't heared anything." the two men replied.

"Help me God! I'm going to be insane before I can go out of this car." she sighed defeatedly.

"We're here." Alex announced while looking back and forth to his brother and Athena then went out in their car laughing.

Alex walked  toward  the white SUV that parked beside their car, where Claire's rode. They parked at the basement of one of a tallest skyscraper in New York.

"Oh! Thanks God! Finally we're home. Let's go Sweetheart." Lucas said when Thippe opened the door helped him.

"Ma'am, you can go out now." the other stiffed bodyguard said when he opened the door for Athena.

"Thank you." she replied and smiled at him. As soon as her feet stepped on the ground the two bodyguard stood beside her. "Gentlemen, you didn't need to escort me I can find my way to your Boss place." she looked up to face of the two brusque tall bodyguard.

"We are just following an order. Please follow us ma'am" they replied courteously at the same time.

"Sweetheart... lets go!" Lucas called her while Alex and Thippe hold his arms with Claire standing beside them carrying her boss personal belongings.

"Wait, what are you doing? Where's your wheelchair? Are you going to walk with your left foot only?" she asked worriedly and walked closer to Lucas.

"Don't worry Sweetheart, my right foot were just slightly injured. As you can see it doesn't have a cast, only a bruises, in a week this going to be heal. But, my right hand were not lucky as my right foot... it takes a months to heal, that's why I need you beside me, for that period of time." he smiled at her charmingly, showing his two deep dimples.