Chapter Eighteen

~¤ SOMETIMES  EVEN WE TRY SO HARD  TO FORGET  OUR PAST , IN THE PRESENT IT COME TO HUNT US. THE MORE WE RUN FROM IT , THE MORE IT COME AFTER US. ¤~

~★ Athena Sevilla  ★~
¤¤ AUTHOR-BROKEN VOWS SERIES ¤¤

After what was happened last night, Athena cursing herself for being so careless. This morning on their way to Lucas parents she didn't even try to talk. She just shut up her mouth even she really wanted to asked why he's  driving with another car. She clearly remember that there were none, or any single car last night at the beach. But, she didn't really need to wonder. In what's Lucas high profile status right now, of course he always have his way.

She didn't move on her seat when they reached at  his parents home. Even Lucas opened the door for her she didn't even try to move. She just faked her sleep. He just nod, smiled at her and left her inside.  the car to pick their daughter for her early  morning  class.

On their way home, Quien excitedly talked to her father about how happy she is in what was she discovered, that the grannies she met at the gift shop appeared to be her real grandparents.

Until they reached home, her daughter kept repeatedly  asking to both of them on when she can visit her grannies again, she just answered her with "soon." 

Lucas left as soon as they reached their home. He  just kissed their daughters goodbye then left.

To forget her disappointment for being  weak at Lucas  charm, she busied herself at work. She decided, in order to keep herself away from Lucas trap she needed to stay focused. She just need to remember everything that he have done to her. She  always need to remember in what was she gone through for this past seven years. And also Lucas have already his own life with his beautiful  famous fashion model awaiting for him.

"God! Why I am so stupid to fell for his trap! Athena! he's happily in love with that woman. You clearly read to  their interviews  that they were planning to get married soon."  she devastatingly whispered while thumping her forehead at her office table. "Stupid....stupid..." she continued banging her head when suddenly her office phone rung.

"Good day, this is Athena Sandoval speaking." she greeted cheerfully.

"Hello beautiful. How's your day?" a man's  mellow voice greeted her on the other line.

"Ohhh! Hi Leend, I'm good." she replied.

"That's nice! Anyway, I've already pitched Princess at her school. But, you cannot talk to her right now. She's eating her lunch at this moment. " he teased her. " But me, I have a free time for you anytime.

"Dr. Pierre, that's a lie. Remember, I'm just in a second row, into the lists of  your very hectic schedule." she laughed heartily while teasing him back .

"Oh! Of course! Our Princess is always comes first." he laughed too.

 "See... I told you."  she laughed at him too.

"Anyway, what happen to your cellphone? I called you this morning but it's just kept on ringing. And a while ago I called you again but my calls answered by a voice  mail? " Leendon asked with so much concerned in his voice.

"Sorry, I misplace it and I can't find it." she lied.  She remembered just now, that it is in her bag and her bag is still with Lucas.

"Okey, don't waste your time searching for it.  Maybe it's a high  time to buy a new phone. That's a three years old  anyway." he said .

"But, I will try to find it. You gave that  to me.  So, that phone is so  important to me." Athe sighed.

"That's alright, beautiful! Don't feel so guilty. Okey? Don't worry I'm not mad at you." he joked.