Chapter Thirty

"Sometimes, in love you should need to know on how to fight for it. But, you must also need to learned ... on how to let go of it. If you are destine to be, love will find it's way."

~★ Minnie Gacias ~★
Author of Soldier of Fortune

He woke up with too much headache. He was like hit by a ton of bricks. The early morning sunlight that goes thru the room got him blinded.

He slowly got up and walked to the window to covered it with a white curtain that hanged on it.

After he got to used to the bright sunlight he looked around to a magnificent room with a concave white ceiling and a wall that was painted by a bluish color with a decoration of a white seagulls​ flying on the sky, he realized the owner of this hotel is a nature lover.

Then, the scattered empty bottles that laid on a Persian rug welcomed him.

"What on earth happened last night Lucas Montero?" he asked himself then he picked every emptied bottles on the floor.

After he's finished to picked on the bottles, he tiredly slumped on the couch. He starts to sort out on what was happened last night. It's was all blurry to him, the only cleared was, he saw the beautiful face of Athena.

Then, he heard a light tap from the door. He lazily open it, and a handsome face of his best friend greeted him followed by a beautiful lady pushing the stainless food cart with a different varieties of breakfast.

"Hey man! How's your morning? We brought a breakfast and an Advil for your hangover. I'm sure you've got a very bad headache." James greeted him and he directly sat on the couch while waiting for his staff to finish arranging the food on the table.

"Sara, you can leave now." James ordered, and he only got a nod from Sara before she left.

He flounder toward the table and he picks a piece of Advil and a glass of water while taking a glance on James while his sight followed to his beautiful staff, it seems that his friend had a deep feelings to this beautiful lady.

He smile to his friend demeanor but his head start pound again with so much pain. he resented himself from too much drinking.

His eyes land to the food on the table. His stomach grumbled​ but he doesn't wants to eat yet.

"What was happened last night? Seems my body was hit by something very hard." he complained while massaging his head.

"Don't you remember anything?" James chuckled and stood beside him. "You made a lot of messed last night." he lightly tap his best friend shoulder. "Buddy, you brought Athena's life in danger for twice in just one night. And also, I gathered a search party when I can't find you in this room. You scared a hell out of me Man! Now I knew... to feel in love was a lot scary, like in one line of a famous song "Too much love will kill you." he laughed heartily. "If love will just brought me to death, I'm afraid ... I won't ever dared to fell in love." he continue teasing on his best friend.

"Wait! Oh! God!" he stood on the couch and pulled​ his hair with his two big hand when he start to remember on what was the whole fiasco happened last night.

"Seems your memories from last night starting to sink in now." he tapped his best fried right shoulder and walked towards the table with full of food then he picked a piece of bacon. "Oh! by the way, they're​ already checked out two hours ago. When I asked Dr. Pierre why they check out early, he said he's going to bring Athena at the hospital." he continued on talking while chewing the bacon.

"What do you mean hospital?" he asked worriedly then he stood beside James. " Is she really sick?" he sighed heavily, feeling guilty on what was happened at Athena.

"Well, as what I'd saw earlier ... she was really sick. Her face was paler, she had also a fever and flu. I'm sure she got that from three hours on the water just to searched you. You're​ so lucky man! she's still cared for you." James gives him a thumbs up while picking more bacon and put them straight to his mouth.

"I didn't realized that." he sighed heavily and looked at the white ceiling. "I'd never thought that she's going to sacrifice herself just to searched for me. Last night, I'd really wanted to end my life, I'd lost the every single hope when I seen Leendon on how he'd took good care of them. My daughter adores him so much. I am nothing compared to him. He's going to give his all just to make them happy. But now I realized, I should never let myself surrendered easily." he looked on his friend. "Man, sorry for the ruckus and troubled I had done last night." he smiled at him timidly. "I will make it up to you sometimes."

"Don't mind it, you're my best buddy I won't let you die especially on my territory." James laughed heartily and gives him a slight punch on his abdomen. "So what we're gonna do now? What's your next plan?" he put his arm on Lucas shoulder and whisper to him. "What about if we kidnap her and you took her to the place where that Doctor Pierre can't​ find her.

"Hell no man! I can't do that! She's going to hates me more." Lucas sighed heavily, he felt devastated to himself. "Are you still up on helping me?" he asked while walking toward the window then he looked on the white shore and at the clear blue sky.

"Of course! Anytime! Anywhere! You can count on me! But first, let's eat breakfast. I brought more breakfast and it would be a waste if we just left them here. And I guess you are also hungry, Come let's dig in! " he pushed Lucas toward the table. They start to eat while talking on what's the best plan on how to make amend with Athena.

On the other side, on the hospital where Leendon admitted Athena...

"Hey Princess, let's sit first while the doctor checking on your Mom's condition." they sat beside each other and gave her a drawing pad. "You can draw if you want while we wait for the doctor to finish checking your Mom.

"Okey, Uncle Leend is Mom will be okey?" she asked sadly and she looked to Leendon, she wants an assurance that her mother will be okey.

"Of course, that's why we are here at the hospital to made sure your Mom will be okey. Don't worry Princess, I won't let any bad things happened to you Mom. I will always protect and take care both of you." he smiled at her and kissed on her forehead.

"Thanks Uncle Leend, I love you so much." she kissed on his cheek too and tightly hugged him.

"I love you too Princess." he whispered to him, this is a big consolation on everything he done for them. He loves them very much, their happiness is always his concern.

But last night, when he saw Athena got so worried on Lucas disappearance. He realized that she was still cared for Lucas and she's still love him. She even exchanged her life just to rescued him. He thought he already enough for her, but totally he was wrong. He would never be enough for her.

So even this going to hurt him badly, he needs to give them back to Lucas. He cannot give the happiness Lucas can give to them. He sadly looked on the girl beside him. She's so innocent on what's happening to her surrounding.

He promised to himself, he's going to love and protect her with all his life. She will always be his precious daughter no matter what. Even Lucas will be there for her he will be always be there for her every time she needs him.

And for Athe he will always be her anchor, a best friend and a saviour. For Lucas ... he's going to be his eagle eyes to watch on everything he do.

He promised, he won't be easy on him. First, he need to see a sincerity from Lucas. He must be sincere to the life he's going to offer to them.

"Doctor Pierre, you can bring her home today. I'm going to give her a vitamins. Since this is your second time, so I believe I don't need to elaborate more on how to take care of her. Congratulation again Doctor Pierre." the doctor smiled warmly and he offered his hand to congratulates him again.

"Of course! Thank you so much Doctor Gregory." they shook hand.

"Let her stay on bed for three days, she need a total full rest." he reminded him.

"Got it Doctor." he carried Quien on his shoulder and smiled at the doctor before they part ways.

"Happy Reading @bethelyani @josah23 @tieradavis16 @applesour67 @JeanetteLozano1 @AriannaHx3 @JocelynPino2 and @Gino69 thank's for the continues support in this story. Take care Guys!