Chapter Sixteen

"So it's not gonna be easy, its going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you, I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me everyday.
--Nicolas Sparks-THE NOTEBOOK

The sound of the wave splashing on the shore, the chirping birds flying across the sea and terrible  headache woke him up. Lucas slowly rose on his bed and looked around in the entire room. He couldn't remembered how he got in here. This place is one of the Montero's property, and this is his most favorite place because it was his and Athena love nest.

He can still heard her laughter in every corner of this beach house. But, now this lively happy place became a hollow with full of solitude. And a warm tears that he didn't notice appeared on the corner of his eyes. He felt his heart suffocated him from so much pain. He cried for the lost love, he cried for his stupidity, he cried for hurting the only woman he love, he cried for the past. And most of all he cried for his broken vow.

"Sir! can I come in?" Rick called while knocking at the door.

"Yes please, come in Rick." he slowly wiped his tears and walked toward the open window and he looked to the sunny beach.

"Good Morning Sir! I brought you a medicine for your headache." Rick informed him while looking at him. He felt pity to the sweet boy he watched growing and now a man with so much pain.

"Thanks Rick. Anyway how do we got here?" Lucas asked.

"Last night, I searched for you and I found you at park and passed out from too much drinking. And you asked me to brought you here. I'm so sorry, I should never left  you waiting alone at the park. " Rick apologized while he gave Lucas a glass of water and a medicine.

"Rick, don't apology. I'm fine." he smiled to his long time driver.

"Luke, I watched you grow and we always been together. I know you too well, even you look tough but deep inside you're still a soft hearted man. Please don't try to hurt yourself just to punish yourself for what mistakes you've done in the past." he patted his shoulder. "You're like my own son, if you need something or anything that I can help, I'm always here for you." Rick consoled him.

"Thanks Rick.  Thank you for being a father to me. I miss you,  those years I wasn't here." Lucas drank his medicine and smiled to Rick.

"I never been informed about that but thanks for the gift you sent to us in every special occasions." he teased Lucas.

"I'm busy of running away and I gave worries to all of you." Lucas looked sadly to him.

"It's all in the past now. Whatever your plan I'm always here for you if you need me. Anyway, the breakfast is ready." Rick walked toward the door.

"Rick, after you done your breakfast, please bring this to her." Lucas gave the small envelope to his drive." And wait for her response." he added.

"Okey, I'm going to leave now." Rick walked toward the door. "Oh by the way if you would try to look for any alcohol drinks here, don't waste your time. " he joked before closing the door.

AFTER ATHENA done all the dishes she turned on the television, then suddenly she heard a soft tapped coming from her front door. Wondering if Leendon forgot something she hurriedly opened the door.

"Leend you forget something?" she asked as soon she opened the door.

"Good afternoon Miss Sandoval. My boss wish to give this to you" Rick greeted her and passed the envelope to her.

"Okey, another goodbye note? I'm glad he decided to go back from where he came from." she arrogantly said. She instantly opened the envelope and read silently at the content of the note. "LEAVE OUR DAUGHTER TO MY PARENTS. THEY'RE WAITING FOR HER. AND GO WITH RICK.  FOLLOW MY REQUEST IF YOU WOULD'T LIKE ME TO BREAK YOUR DOOR."  she looked to Rick after she read it."  This is a joke, right?" she asked.