Chapter 47

Aditya's POV

I was sitting in my chair reading a book when Aman walked to the door. I looked up at him and he motioned to his backpack indicating he was going to school. I nodded and he left. I woke up this morning feeling a lot better, and could walk around without a problem. However, now I had a new problem...I had lost my voice. This meant that I had to talk to Aman through actions. It took some time, but after a while it was like we didn't need words at all. His body language was very close to Aditi's so it didn't take long for me to be able to read his body language. However, since I couldn't talk Aman stopped talking to unless he didn't understand me. We also kept a notepad around in case I need to write anything for him to be able to understand me. Whether we wanted to or not we had started behaving like a married couple understanding each other and finding each other slightly annoying at times. I sighed and stood up...just then everything began spinning again. I fell.

I woke up and realized I was lying on the floor unable to get up as my head was still spinning. I stayed there on the ground unable to do anything about the spinning. I finally managed to turn myself onto my back and stared at the ceiling that was rocking back and forth. I felt the urge to throw up, but before I could do anything I heard a voice

"Dad?!" I turned my head to the side to see a small boy running towards me, "Dad are you okay?" He ran past me

"Vi..."

I turned to the other side to see him run to the man that was lying on the floor. Another boy was leaning against the wall holding his bleeding arm. There was blood trickling down his forehead as he stared at the father and son. The son didn't see the boy, and all he could do was hold his father's hand reassuring him that everything was going to be okay. The other boy slowly backed away into the shadows still watching the little boy crying. Just then 2 strange men walked to the boy, and tried to take him away from his father. The other boy rushed in to help only to be tossed to the other side. The boy fainted while the men carried away the boy. Just then I realized something about the boy that fainted...he was...me...

"Aditya?!" I opened my eyes to see Aman looking at me, "Are you okay? How long have you been lying here?" He helped me up

"..." I looked around almost as if I would see the two boys.

"Are you okay? You are shaking and sweating" He looked at me concerned

"My phone. I need my phone" I tried to move, but I felt really weak

"Sh" He hushed me, "First we will get you some medicine and to your room. You can call whoever you need to call later" He pulled me up with him

A few minutes later I felt him closely place me on the bed. As I laid there on the bed I watched Aman as he moved to adjust the pillows behind my head. I don't know what happened, but I caught his arm and looked at him as we were just a few centimeters away from each other's face. His eyes grew bigger as he stared right back at me...neither one of us flinching. There was something about his face that immediately calmed me down almost bringing my spinning world to a halt. His eyes soften as he looked at me and his body language calm.

"..." He was about to say something when the phone began ringing, "Excuse me"

He walked off to attend to the call leaving me there thinking to myself about all the strange things that had been happening. Sighing I turned to my bed side and found white powder around my glass of water. Before Aman came back I swept some of the powder onto a napkin and put it in the drawer. Aman walked back in along with Natasha.

"Hey Adi" Natasha smiled as she sat down next to me

    I noticed from the corner of my eye the look Aman gave Natasha when she said "Adi". I hid a smile as I turned my attention back to Natasha. We talked about everything that had been going on college and she was talking about her friends and the other college gossip when Aman excused himself. He obviously wasn't interested in gossip, but as he left I almost called out for him to stop. There was a sense of calm I felt when he was around me. I sighed and turned to look at Natasha when I noticed she was fidgeting with a bracelet on her wrist. It looked like it didn't fit her very well. I tried to listen to what she was saying, but the bracelet was chiming and distracting me.