Chapter 33

Aditya's POV

"You ready for this Bhai?" 

    Guests had started arriving for the Sangeet function, and my family was getting excited. We were mixing the Sangeet function with the Mehndi. This was so I could stay for the whole wedding. The Singh's were running a little late since Alisha was having a bit of a wardrobe problem. The clothes she had chosen for her Sangeet weren't fitting her properly so the Singh's were trying to fix it. I hope everything works out. As far as I know Alisha she probably has a backup dress as well...still she will try everything before she had to resort to it. I looked at Dad. He was wearing a gold sherwani with white pathani pants underneath. Dad and I were the only one not dressed to match each other. Uncle Karan, Mr. Singh, and Uncle Prem were dressed in red sherwani's with black pathani pants. The Sangeet wasn't divided at all. Instead everyone was dancing with no competition. The men were going to perform on the song *Ek Kunwara Phir Gaya Mara (Masti)* I laughed as I imagined them performing. Dad and I hadn't seen anyone dance. Dad wasn't informed about the song choices either so this is going to be fun. Before that performance Aunt Payal, Aunt Julie, Aunt Harleem, and Mrs. Singh were dancing to the song *London Thumka (Queen)*. Sonia and Lilly along Tej were performing on *Zor Ka Jhadka (Action Replayy)*. So far I had no idea whether or not Aditi was performing yet. The Verma boys were coming along with their mother, but they weren't performing in it. 

   Tej and I were greeting the guests as they arrived. The Vermas walked in after my far away relatives. Ms. Verma was dressed in an orange saree while the boys were wearing kurtas on jeans. They looked rather plain and I could see a bunch of people judging them. As far as I knew they didn't wear traditional clothes a lot. 

"Welcome Vermas" I smiled as they walked in

"Aditya!" Ms. Verma smiled and hugged me, "Congratulations"

"If you don't mind would you like to see your sons dressed in traditional clothes?" I whispered

"Could you do that?"

"All you have to do is ask" I smiled

"If it's not too much trouble"

"Of course not! After all you are family"

"I am not going to dress traditional" Rey glared at me

"It's your mother's request" I smirked

"Please Rey"

"Tej, take Rocky and Rey upstairs. Hm..." I looked at Rocky, "I am sure Rocky will fit in your clothes, and Rey can borrow mine"

"..." Rey glared harder

"Yeah that should work" I smiled, "Now Ms. Verma let me accompany you inside" 

    I walked away with Ms. Verma while Tej led the boys upstairs.

"He doesn't mean to be so harsh" Ms. Verma sighed, "He just doesn't like to listen to other people"

"Ms. Verma..." I was about to say something when I saw Helen, "Allow me to introduce you to Helen"

"Hello" Helen smiled

"Helen, this is Ms. Verma. She is Rey's mother"

"You know Rey?" Ms. Verma's face lit up

"Very well" I winked as I walked away

       I went back to welcome the guest when I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see the Singh family arrive. Alisha was being led up the stairs by Aunt Harleem and Mrs. Singh. Aunt Harshdeep walked behind them with Taru, Ajay and Amit. I smiled as they walked up to me. 

"Well hello there pretty ladies" I smiled as I welcomed there

"Looking good" Alisha hugged me

"Did everything work out?" I looked over them to see if everyone was here