Chapter 31

Narrator's POV

    A lot of things began to change after Aman's first day as an intern. To make sure his identity stayed safe he distanced himself from Aditya Kashap. He also began excelling as an intern. He did all his work diligently and was never late for anything. No matter how much the other interns tried to interfere, Aman seemed to be doing surprisingly well...almost too well. There were some in the office who believed that something was definitely wrong, and why wouldn't they think so. More than once they had caught Aditya Kashap watching over Aman's work...very closely. Some believed it must be cause of the rumor that Aman is dating Aditi...the girl that Aditya used to in a relationship. The girls thought that if that was true then Aditya was definitely Mr. Perfect. He was helping out the man who the girl he once was involved with is now dating. He is so selfless and loving they thought. They would also curse Aditi for breaking his heart cause Aditya could never break a girl's heart, he is Mr. Perfect after all. However, little did they know that it was quite the opposite.

    Aditya has his suspicions about Aman, however, the rumor did bother him. After observing Aman for a few days, Aditya could see why Aditi could like him, if he is who he says he is. Aman has this kind of mystery around him, which would intrigue Aditi enough for her to get close. Next he didn't speak much or ever laugh...come to think of it. Aditya looked through his window at Aman, who was reading one of the files. He had never heard Aman laugh ever. He would smile once in a while, but never laugh. Aditya sat down in his chair.

"I am sure when Aditi's around he laughs. I mean who wouldn't? She does the silliest things, and then smiles real big or blushes really hard" Aditya smiled at the thought of Aditi

     Aditya had been trying to make things a little hard for Aman. One day right before a big meeting, he sent Aman to make copies for the meeting. However, before Aman could go Aditya jammed the copy machine. Then Aditya sat there in his chair behaving normal while internally he was waiting to get an opportunity to get mad at Aman. Whenever Aman got upset he resembled someone familiar. Aditya wasn't able to catch it yet, but if he saw it again he would recognize it for sure. Just then as Aditya stood up to start the meeting Aman was there with the copies. He had a little ink on his cheek, but had all the copies in order and had managed to put them in different files for everyone. Aditya praised Aman, and he was truly impressed. If Aman is who he says he is, he would be a good addition to the company, Aditya thought. After the meeting Aditya checked the cameras. On realizing that the copy machine was jammed, Aman opened up the machine and unjammed it very quickly. However, it still wasn't working. So then Aman changed the ink as well. As Aman was working Aditya couldn't stop himself from admiring Aman. There was something about him that was drawing Aditya to him, it confused Aditya since Aman is a man.

     Aman on the other hand was freaking out. These past weeks everything was messing up. He hadn't had one normal day so far. It was another thing that he has been able to manage somehow, but still. He was exhausted. To add to his unfortunate luck, he felt someone was watching him all time. Aman had started staying over at Charlie's house cause someone was following him home as well. He hadn't been attacked again, but he was prepared just in case. He had Charlie modify his vest so it was less heavier, and didn't leave any bruises like before. Well at least the vest felt a little lighter now. Charlie thought it was cause he was used to it, but Aman didn't think so.

     Aditi, on the other hand, was finally moving on. Her thoughts seemed to involve more work than about Aditya. She could also now fall asleep without dreaming about him. Sure she was paranoid about Aman's attacker, but she was also happy to have the distraction. It made it easier to face Aditya everyday. Once in a while she would catch herself looking at him while he talked in a meeting or when they had company luncheons. She was trying to stop herself, but once in a while she rewarded herself by allowing herself to talk to him. Sure he didn't know it was her, but she knew and that's all that mattered to her. She was reading over a file as she smiled. One day, she thought, one day I will move on, and look at all of this and laugh. I will laugh that once I was in love with a man I believed to be perfect, that I was ever in love with Aditya Kashap, she smiled at her thoughts and closed her files.