Chapter 38

Aditi's POV

I looked out of my window at all the reporters still standing by my gate. How do I get rid of them? They are just making my life a tad bit harder. I have to go meet up with the Verma boys, but if the reporters are there they will make it harder than it needs to be. First they will block my car frustrating me. Second if one of them does manage to block my way they will ask millions of useless questions that happen to be none of their business. "Is everything between you and Aditya really over?" Well duh. Then I will get the stupid questions. "Is Vicky your new boyfriend? Isn't he a little too old for you?" No, but it's not like you are going to believe me anyways. I sighed as I pulled the curtains over my windows. Of course it is completely my fault. Had I not gone to that boring party and bumped into Mr. Mystery Man I could have avoided all of this. But no! Aditi had to go on an adventure. I laid back on my bed. It's also a good thing though. People won't be awkward around me or look at me like a lost puppy. Plus Vicky isn't such a bad guy...doesn't mean I am going to get in a relationship with him though. However, I am very intrigued by the mystery component in his life. What is it that the world wants to know about this man? So far all that I know is that he is a 28 year old man who seems to have jumped up on the status ladder. There seems to be no sign of any family or relative. He lives all by himself and his assistant is always close to him...almost like George to Aditya. It is a little different though. The relationship seems to be more formal between them...like it is all for show. I wonder whether he feels lonely in his house...where does he live anyways? I rolled over and googled him. Hm... he has a nice house...since we are friends maybe I should drop by to say hello. It wouldn't be a bad thing I mean friends do that all the time right? Plus the inner Aditi wants another little adventure.

*_____________________________*

I rang the doorbell and waited. As I was waiting I took a quick look at myself. I was wearing a knee length white dress with black boots. Of course I was wearing shorts inside my dress. I decided to put on a black fedora as I was leaving the house. I looked at my reflection in the glass window. Good I look feminine, but not too cute. I adjusted my satchel as the door opened. It was Vicky's assistant.

"Good afternoon" He smiled, "How can I help you?"

"I am here to see Vicky" I smiled back as I walked in behind him

"He is right now busy with a conference call. You can wait in the library for him though" He pointed to the door down the hallway

"Thank you" I walked towards the door

I stood there stunned as I opened the door. It was this huge elegant library. It was about the same size as the Kashap's library...however, this library was a little surprising since from the outside it looked like it would have been a smaller library. I walked in and looked around. It was a little weird. There seemed to be only 2 genre of books in this library. One whole wall was filled with Mystery books, and on the other side there were books about the law. I walked around trying to find any other genre when I found a small children's book. I picked it up. It was a little poetry book for kids. I was about to open it when I heard the door close. I turned to see Vicky walk in

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you" He smiled as he walked over

"You have a beautiful library"

"Thank you"

"I am quite curious about one aspect of it though"

"Is it the genres?"

"Yeah"

"I don't read books a lot, but I love Mystery books"

"why the lawyer books then? I doubt they are any fun to read"