Chapter 1

Aditi's POV

Fish! Fish! Fish! Running around at night in the bad part of town was a bad idea I know. Truthfully though I was here with people I trusted, who just fend for themselves though. Jerks! I ran into an alley with a dead end. It would take the thugs at least 2 minutes to get to me. Got it! I climbed into the trash bin. It was filled with garbage but not completely filled to the brim. I heard the men running and talking while sitting inside it.

"Where did she go?"

"I saw her running this way"

"Come out little girl" They laughed

Little girl my foot! I am actually 20 years old idiots! Just then my phone buzzed. It was Mom. If I didn't pick up she would track my phone and call the cops. I would be saved, but then they would find out about the meeting Rocky was having with the other mafia group. Rey would get arrested for killing their leader and Raj would be sent to military school by his overly protective mother just so he is far away from me. Sighing quietly I picked up her call.

"Hello" I whispered

"Aditi, you are coming for family dinner I hope" I could hear Ajay and Amit arguing in the back while Aunt Harleem tried to stop them, Dad was humming and Taru was crying

"Of course mother"

"Why are you whispering?" She sounded concerned and I heard Dad ask Mom if everything was okay

"Tell you when I get there" I hung up

Just then the lid of the trash bin opened and the thugs threw me onto the ground. Fish!

"Found you"

"But can you catch me," I said jumping to my feet and running the other way

"Not so fast Missy" he caught my jacket and threw me back, I heard my jacket rip

"Fish! That was my favorite jacket!" I sighed

"Mine too" I heard Rocky say as he entered the alley

He walked down the alley as one of the guys pulled out a gun. He aimed it at me and Rocky stopped.

"This doesn't concern you, Verma! Our employer wants the girl" He walked closer to me

"Well tell him she is mine" Rocky growled taking a step closer but stopping when the man kept the gun against my temple

"He didn't say that she had to be alive so" I saw him move his finger onto the trigger

It was now or never. I looked at Rocky and nodded. Rocky mouthed don't, but it was my call. I punched the thug's knee so hard he fell over. I stood up and kicked his arm just enough to get the gun. Rocky got the other guy. I picked up the gun and aimed it at the guy.

"How about you tell your employer I am not some merchandise!" I shot his arm, "That's for ripping my jacket"

I threw the gun in the trash bin and threw my jacket on the guy. "Wipe yourself you bleeding," I thought of the dialogue from Rush Hour. Rocky raised his eyebrow at me as I smiled to myself.

"I hope that isn't you enjoying that guy's pain" We started walking as the guy was rolling around in pain

"Nah. I just remembered something. By the way, we should leave I called the ambulance" I said walking faster

"What?!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me as we ran away.

He pulled me behind a trash bin two blocks away when we heard sirens approaching the alley we were just at. Breathing hard he pushed me against the bin, and just looked at me. I looked up at him smiling. It felt good to finally be able to give myself an actual adventure. He moved a strand off my face causing me to stop smiling.