Chapter 2

Aunt Harshdeep's POV

I was rocking Taru in my lap as Bhai (Brother) turned on the popcorn machine. Amit and Ajay bounced around happily. I sighed. It would have been nice if Aditi has joined us. She loves popcorn from that machine. It had been in the family since her 5th birthday. Karthik Bhai had brought it for her. She had been so excited. I looked around and realized that everyone looked like they were thinking of the same thing.

"Mom," Bhabhi (Sister in law) began, "Is it okay to leave Aditi alone...I have always given her space but now I am starting to worry" Her eyes teared up

"Preity dear," Bhai sat down next to her, "Didn't you hear at dinner. She wants to handle this herself. All we can do is be there for her"

"He is right Preity" Dee (Sister) added, "Aditi has always been strong she can handle herself"

Just then there was an explosion above us. Our guards ran inside the house, and took us outside in case of any other bombs. We all stood watching as they inspected the house when Bhabhi screamed.

"ADITI!!!" She tried to run back inside, but Bhai held her back

"Sh...she will be fine. They will find her, and she will be fine" but it was very evident in his eyes that he was trying to fight back tears.

I hugged Taru close to myself. Oh god don't take Aditi from us. Just then when no one was looking Bhai ran back inside the house. His little girl was in there and knowing Bhai he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. He never stopped her from anything, but lately with all the things happening Bhai had begun to realize Aditi wasn't living exactly a safe life. He was actually planning on talking to her about it...I looked at Dee. She was crying as she sat down holding Amit and Ajay. We had a few scratches on us, but nothing bad. Mom and Dad were just watching their house as the fire engine, ambulance and police arrived. As the firemen hosed down the house we all stood praying Aditi, and Bhai were okay.

Harry's POV

"ADITI!!!" I heard Preity scream as I ran back in

"ADITI!!!" I screamed

"Sir, you can't be in here!" One of my bodyguards tried to hold me back

"My daughter is still in there!" I tried to push past

"Sir, we will get her. You have to leave"

"I SAID LET GO OF ME" Shocking the guard I pushed past him up the stairs.

I ran up the stairs. There was smoke everywhere making it hard for me to breathe. Coughing I kept running. The second floor was starting to catch on fire, and the roof was falling, but I kept running. Aditi...where are you. Finally I saw a shiny box. I found Aditi fallen on the stairs leading to the third floor hugging a box. She was bleeding, and burned at a few places. I have to carefully pick her up just then the floor shook Fast! I ran to her, and picked her up.

"Adi..." I heard her murmur

"It's okay baby. I got you"

I carried her down the stairs as quickly as I could. The second floor was being hosed down when I got there. The fireman helped me safely go down without the fire hurting us. One tried to take her from me, but if they thought I was going to let them they were truly mistaken. From all I know one of them could be the one to place the bomb there in the first place. Finally I reached outside. Preity ran to me.

"Aditi! Harry..." She stopped herself from hugging me

"Let's go" We held her hand as the medics put Aditi on the stretcher

Together we sat in the ambulance, and drove to the hospital. Prem Bhai was going to drive the rest of the family to the Kashaps house. I looked at the box in my lap that Aditi had been holding the whole time.