Chapter 6

Aditi's POV

   Fish! My arm hurt. I opened my eyes to Rey's face a few inches away from mine. He looked like he was finally able to sleep. Wait a minute! I quickly checked to see if I was wearing my clothes. It was his shirt, but everything else was intact. Rolling out of his arms, swearing a little as I rolled over my wound, I checked the clock. Good. If I leave now I will be able to make it to my first class. I took off his shirt, and got out of bed. He rolled onto his back revealing...his...um...abs...I kind of just stood there for a minute not knowing what to do. Shaking my head I turned around and walked to the bathroom. I am sure Maria would love that view first thing in the morning. I have better things to do though. I changed my clothes, and grabbed my stuff. As I ran down the stairs I grabbed a clip, and put my hair in a bun. I was wearing black pants, Aditya's white shirt, and my black boots. My legs no longer needed bandages as they were full healed now. I could now wear skinny jeans without looking weird. Maria was standing in the kitchen making coffee.

"Check out my room" I said grabbing an apple

"Right now?" She raised her eyebrow

"Yup. Will explain when I get home" I ran out the door.

    The bruise on my leg had gotten darker, and the one on my side looked purple. I might get my doctor to check it out in the evening. Before I would have not even thought of it, but I wanted to change a few things. However, if there was something I wanted to do which was going to be dangerous. I pulled my phone out.

"Hey you! I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me today?" I sat into my car, "That would be great. See ya"

   I drove to the college with a few minutes left before class started. I needed to do something else though before I could go to class. I pulled out my phone and called a familiar number.

"Hello?" He answered, "Is everything okay? You wouldn't have called if it was otherwise. Ad..."

"Don't say my name" I interrupted him, "It's really over between us right?"

    I stood outside the door to my first class. He didn't answer right a way. There was this awkward silence between us for a minute and two. I leaned against the wall.

"Look Adi...I need to know. I need to know if we are on the same page"

"Yes."

"Good. Now promise to just listen and not react. If you react I will not tell you anything ever!"

"...What happened?!"

"I will hang up right now, and throw my phone" I threatened him

"Okay fine! I see you haven't changed" He sounded pissed off...that was a first

"We need to keep in contact. But if we use our original numbers we might get figured out. Email me your number in code to me. I will contact you later on today "

"What did you want to tell me?"

"Yesterday..." I saw a dubious looking person watching me

"Adi..."

"Don't say it." I changed my tone, "Now I am going to make my voice sound like I am super pissed off at you, and hang up. Then I will fake cry, but wait for my call"

"Wait!" He quickly added, "Just tell me one thing..."

"What..." I felt my fake tears coming

"I...I hate you" He said it, but I knew what he really meant

"Adi..." They were meant to be fake tears, but they turned into real ones, "(Sniff) me too. I really...(breathe) really hate you"

     I hung up the phone, and stood there letting the tears fall away. I needed this. I waited all this time to hear him say how he really felt, and even though he indirectly said it...it felt good to hear that he actually felt the same way I did. I took a deep breathe, wiped my tears, and walked into class. As I stood there I realized something...the shirt still smelt like him...