(35) Epilogue

The Warner, Kishimoto, and Kent family all sat together around a dark mahogany dinner table, stuffing themselves with a Christmas dinner. Every conversation strayed from Juliette's recent capture, solely focused on everything good. For the children, they liked to say.

Adam was still a wreck from Quinn's death, but still showed up, out of respect and want to be with James. He left a few times during the dinner, to maybe pull himself together or actually go to the bathroom. It would be impossible to miss the looks of pity from his family that followed his retreating figure.

When he left the room, Juliette put some roasted chicken on her plate, to which Kenji looked at her piece in disgust. His face folded over to make an extremely ugly expression. "What?" Juliette asked.

"Yeah, Kenji, what?" Kassandra interjected. "You do know I prepared that chicken, right?"

Kenji gulped. "Yes, darling."

As many more scoldings, laughs, and "you had to be there" moments were shared, the giant family realized what they had been missing all along, ever since that fateful morning when Kassandra came to negotiate with Aaron and Juliette.

The family was finally together.

As they placed their arms around each other, kissed each others cheeks, the thought occurred to Kassandra that without each other, they were broken. Now, they were repaired.