(8)

KASS:

After the meeting, Kenji left me to go to his room. I worked on some papers for about an hour before falling asleep on the couch.

@@@@@@@

I was awoken by a very pleasant feeling on my neck.

Kenji.

He rubbed my muscles and massaged them in a way that loosened them. I instantly relaxed. I sat up and lulled my head to the side as he continued. I sighed, content with his attention.

"So," he randomly said. "What's with all these papers?" I opened my eyes and blinked.

"I'm a sector leader. What do you expect?" I asked him. We were sitting on the couch, his back against the edge. I was leaning on him, my back touching his chest. Our legs laid intertwined, taking up the rest of the couch. "Isn't it funny," I asked, "That we spent one night together, one night, and now we're all of a sudden a couple. It's like, one night we're calling each other by our last names-"

"Which I still don't know-" He smirked.

"And the next," I smiled, "We have pet names for each other."

"Huh... I think yours should be 'babe'," Kenji replied.

"Ewww. No. Try again," I said, my face showing disgust.

"Okay... Peach, Sweetheart, Pumpkin-"

"Ahh," I fake screamed. "Fine you win... Babe," I tried it out. I guess it worked. "Anyways, back to how fast our relationship is going. It feels almost ... fake."

The word hung between us. A simple reminder that people don't find happiness so easily. How could we?

Kenji stiffened. "Want to watch a movie?" He asked, changing the subject.

"No," I said. I turned around to straddle his hips. I put my arms around his neck and played with his hair. He held my back, about where my ribs ended, and looked up at me. "I like that we just clicked, but I still want to know more about you."

"More about my personality... Or body?" Kenji grinned.

"Hmm... Both," I replied. I traveled my hands down his torso. "So, really, lets just pretend we've known each other forever," I told him.

Kenji smiled, "Okay." His lips crashed into mine and I gasped. It took me some time to regain my stance before I pressed back. My hips were still on his legs and I scooted closer until I was pressed all the way against him. I moved my hands up to his hair and played with it. Then I traveled them down his chest until I reached the hem of his shirt. I tugged on it a little, signaling that I wanted it off.

He obliged. The sudden switch from the T-shirt material to his skin made my heart race. I gripped his waist and then he lifted my hands up. I held them there until my shirt was completely off and I was left in just a bra. He picked me up, my legs wrapped around his body. And we didn't stop kissing at all, not for one moment.

"Please stop," I heard myself whisper. He looked up at me between his eyelashes and nodded. I laid my head on his chest, my bare top grazing his. I felt his lips kiss my forehead. I looked up to find his eyes closing out of tiredness. I briefly kissed his lips. 

"Go to bed," I whispered. I got off of him and picked up my shirt. I put it on and stared back at him on the floor. His breathing was evening out. 

Soon he fell asleep. I couldn't help but stare at his peaceful state. 

I turned out all of the lights but my desk light. Time to fill out paperwork. 

I typed up an official declaration of alliance with Juliette and Warner. I trusted them enough to make my decision now. And I still had 3 days of the week left. 

I finished the rough draft before walking over to Kenji. I sat down on the floor and then I caressed his cheek before laying on top of him. I pressed my ear to his heart and listened to the constant rhythm.
I fell asleep listening to him and didn't even wake up when he carried me to the bed and laid beside me. I didn't feel his arms wrap tightly around me. And I didn't feel his lips to my ear confessing his real feelings for me.