(33)

Songs: Young and Beautiful-- Lana Del Ray ||||  Explosion-- Ellie Goulding

James Kent (/ Anderson) :

I could hear Adam crying from a mile away, so I took off running into that direction. I sprinted, getting a few concerned glances from multiple people on our side. 

Once I reached the area, I saw what he was weeping for. It was Quinn, his fiancé. I debated whether or not to go up to him, but I didn't think a 16 year old would make him feel better. I only then noticed a girl, shuddering in a ball on the floor. I walked closer to her, and I saw she was clearly traumatized.

I picked her up and cradled her, before glancing back at Adam. Tears flowed freely down his face, and it took every ounce of self preservation to not go and hold him like he did with me. 

I turned my attention back to the girl, who was shaking in my arms. I walked down the hallway and into the sleek SUV. I popped into the back and waited for Kenji to come and command the wheel. 

While waiting, I moved her hair out of her face. She was extremely gorgeous, but her frozen stare confused me. I looked down at her hands, each with a fistful of my shirt, which were tied together by a rope. I undid the not-so-tight knot, and she shook even more violently. 

It must have been the sight of a dead Quinn. I caressed the girls head again, before deciding to speak with her.

"What's your name?" I whispered, my low voice kind of ruining the whole purpose of whispering. 

"Ca- Ca- Ca-"

"Catherine?" I asked. 

"Candice," she whispered very quietly. Her breath shuddered and she closed her eyes. "What's yours?" She surprised me with her willingness to talk. 

"James." She nodded her head, still holding on to my shirt as if I was going to leave. She breathed in deeply and her shirt rose over her belly button, showing a belly ring. "Nice belly piercing," I commented. 

She smiled a little. "Thanks, I love it. Gives me courage-- co-cour-- in-in-n-n-n- mo-mo-mo-ments--" She sobbed into my shirt. I shushed her and smoothed the hair on her head. My shirt was becoming soaked by the second. 

The door opened in the front and Kenji slid in, while Kass slid in the shotgun side. "SUP DUDE?" Kenji yelled. Candice gasped. She sat straight up before collapsing again into my lap. "Who is that?"

"Candice," I answered. Kass reached her hand over and patted her head. 

"You'll be okay," Kass murmured, being her womanly self and understanding everything right away. 

The door quickly opened on my left and Aaron popped in, Juliette trailing behind him. Aaron slid into the middle seat, Juliette sliding into the left seat. "Where's Adam?" Aaron asked. I closed my eyes and brought my hand to my forehead. Aaron finally noticed Candice on my lap. "Who's she?"

"I don't know," I muttered. "Candice," I whispered. "Quinn died..." I started. 

"No," Juliette whispered. "No, no, no."

Aaron simply looked at me. He made a move for the door, but I stopped him. "No. Give him some time. He'll contact us when he wants to. Maybe Adam will even walk home. We leave him. Alone." They looked at me some more. 

"Alright." Kenji pressed on the gas. We sped out of the parking lot from the Sector 37 compound. 

"So how did it go?" Kass asked Juliette. 

"Awesome! Our plan worked Kass!" Kass smiled back at Juliette. 

"Your plan worked."

"Thanks."

"How did the bottle of wine work?" Kass asked, a small grin forming on her lips. 

"Perfectly." I still had no idea what they were talking about. 

"Thanks for inviting me you guys. I had so much fun," I said, trying to forget about Adam and Quinn for a moment. "How much longer 'till we get home?" 

"We're almost there. Don't worry, dude. Adam will be fine. He just needs a little of time." 

I hoped he did. Things were finally starting to straighten out for us, and maybe we'd all survive from now on. I loved him. And I also hoped he loved us enough to leave her behind. It was cruel, but it was the truth. 

I love you brother, stay strong.

QOTC

(Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to update. :)

What are you currently reading?