(16)

1 Year Later:

A women sat in a hospital bed of Sector 45, sweat beading down her face. She was squeezing her husbands hand as the doctor announced the first babies arrival.

"Congratulations! The first child is a boy!" The doctor proudly said, holding up the wet and soggy baby. The husband, standing by the pregnant women's side, cried out in joy, and took the baby in his hands, kissing it proudly on the forehead. The baby cried, still wet from being in his mothers womb for 9 months.

"Now, for the next baby," the doctor said. He was a young man, about 30 years old, with sun tanned skin and blond surfer hair. A name tag on his breast pocket said "Dr. Niven". He didn't look qualified for the job, but his immense knowledge in pregnancies and birth gave him the opportunity of a life time: to assist the leader of The New Beginning in giving birth to her first children, twins.

Aaron grabbed Juliette's hand, and she squeezed his fingers hard. She looked at the baby in his arms and told him, "Aaron, darling, please give the baby to the nurses. They need to clean him." Aaron nodded and reluctantly gave the baby to Sonya, one of the healing twins. Sara, the other twin, was on Juliette's left side, holding on to her shoulder to ease the pain.

"Love, you're doing amazing! Just one more child and you'll be done!" Aaron encouraged her. She nodded her head and looked to the screen on her left, behind Sara's head. A contraction from the last baby was coming up.

"Okay Juliette. Push in 5 seconds," Dr. Niven said, his hands ready to assist the coming baby.

5

4

3

2

1

"Push!" Aaron, Sara, Sonya, and the doctor all cried out. Juliette pushed and stopped. She gasped at the sudden energy.

"Damn! That was one huge push!" Dr. Niven said. Aaron looked to where the baby was supposed to come out, but nothing had changed. He looked at the doctor who stared back at him with his eyebrows up. Aaron immediately understood. Juliette was tired, and that push seemed huge for her, so the doctor was lying, saying she was almost there to give her some hope of being done. "Push!" The doctor screamed.

Juliette pushed and felt something. The second baby was coming out, finally. Thank freaking god, she thought to herself. After 7 more pushes, the baby was finally out. Aaron waited for the wailing baby to get cleaned and then took her into his arms.

After Dr. Niven made sure Juliette was okay and helped her get rid of the umbilical cord and such internal remains of the pregnancy, he said, "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Warner. You have a baby girl and boy." The doctor stood up and left to give some privacy. Sara gave one final squeeze on Juliette's shoulder and left with her sister. They closed the door and Aaron immediately took the boy in his hands. He held both twins before giving the boy to Juliette.

"Oh Julie," Warner whispered. "Oh what beautiful children." He gave her the girl so she could hold both. Aaron grinned from ear to ear, taking out his phone and snapping a picture of their happiest moment.

Juliette lazily smiled and kissed their foreheads. "Meet your sister and meet your brother," she whispered to each. The girl immediately fell asleep while the boy stared up at his mother. He blinked and then closed his eyes.

"Do you have a name, love?" Aaron asked. He took them out of her arms and placed them in their cribs.

"I have their first names, why don't you think of their middle?" Julie asked.

"Okay, what are their first names?" Aaron asked.

"Rose and Jace," she answered.

Aaron beamed at the names. "Rose Anna Warner and... Jace Alex Warner." Juliette nodded her head in approval. "My god, you were carrying 7 pounds 9 ounces AND 8 pounds 1 ounce!" Aaron whisper-exclaimed. Juliette nodded her head, tired.

"I think I'm going to sleep," she mumbled.

"You do that," Aaron murmured. He walked up to his children and stroked their heads lovingly before going back to Juliette. He went down on his knees, facing her face. He kissed her lips and she kissed him back, not once opening her eyes. She rolled onto the other side and scooted over to make room for Aaron. He got onto the hospital bed and wrapped his arms around her. "My wonderful love, we're parents. I've never been happier, besides when you admitted your love to me and said 'I do'. God, Juliette, the things you do to me," Aaron murmured. He kissed her ear and felt her squirm a little.
She turned around to face him and opened her eyes. Her face rested against his chest and she slowly fell asleep. 

It took about 10 minutes for the babies to realize they were hungry. They awoke their parents, wailing into the peaceful atmosphere. Juliette and Aaron shared a happy look before going to the babies.
Juliette carefully undid the top of her hospital uniform and fed Jace. She sat down as Aaron brought a crying Rose. 

Even though children would bring responsibility and lack of sleep, the couple couldn't have been more excited.

I think I'm going to do a "Question of the Chapter" for each one to "strengthen my relationship / bond with my readers". I feel like Wattpad authors don't do that enough. So I'll start next chapter. :)