(22)

WARNER:
One minute, the lab is clean. The next, shattered glass is everywhere. I guess it was me. Oops.

I felt a pair of slender arms wrap themselves around me. Juliette! I thought. But it was only Kassandra. I pushed her off forcefully. A little too forcefully, if you ask Kenji. 

KENJI: 

"HOW DARE YOU PUSH MY WIFE!" I yelled at him. I walked up to him and punched him square in the nose. Kassandra ran up to me and held my arms, pleading me to stop. I knew she would've done something, but she was still slow from the pregnancy. She immediately backed up when Warner stood from his crouched position and delivered a kick to my stomach. 

I fell backwards, but pushed myself back up instantly and blocked all of the blows from Aaron. I kicked him back and held him against the wall as he clutched his nose. 

"JUST BECAUSE YOUR WIFE WAS KIDNAPPED, DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN LET IT OUT ON MINE. YOU CAN LET IT OUT ON ME, BUT NEVER ON KASSANDRA. UNDERSTOOD?" I screamed at him. I put him down and tried to tower over him. It didn't work, we were about the same height. "We are helping you find her, and you need to let us. And by doing that, we need 'happy-Aaron' and 'Daddy-Aaron'. So excuse my wife from trying to comfort you. She won't do it again." 

I turned back to Kassandra who was holding a sleeping Tiffany. "Calm down. I'm fine." She admitted. I walked up to her and hugged her. 

I pulled Tiffany into my arms and called back to Aaron. "Come on, we're going to another room. And this time, don't throw glass at glass." 

This whole floor consisted of 15 by 15 glass rooms with 10 foot walkways in between. We chose the next room and a squirming Tiffany requested to be put down. She still couldn't walk, so I leaned down and held her hands as she tried to walk on the floor. 

I felt Kassandra's small hand slip into my pants back pocket. I picked Tiffany up, who squealed at the sudden flight, and put her out to Kassandra. She took her and I walked up to Aaron, who was holding a now-red towel to his nose. Tiffany was whining that she wanted to be back in my arms. Who's touch does she prefer now? I thought to myself as a great comeback to Kass. 

"Okay, I have the paper." There was a small machine with an input an an output. A cord dangled in the back, leading into a computer. Kass logged in and Warner slipped the paper. As the percentage of recognition grew, more names popped up. 

DNA Recognition 100% complete

Listed in order from oldest print

[1] Andrew Macsvay, Citizen Sector 33

[2] Drew Thermost, Soldier Sector 45

[3] Juliette Ferrars, New Beginning Leader, Murderer of Paris Anderson, Sector 45

[4] Anthony Macroy, Soldier Sector 45

[5] Mathew Trust, Soldier Sector 62

[6] James Plowster, Soldier Sector 62, Official Best Friend to 62 Sector Leader

[7] Kassandra Kishimoto, Sector 62 commander, Murderer of ID# 787-2254, Spouse to Kenji Kishimoto

[8] Aaron Anderson, Sector 45 commander, Spouse to Juliette Ferrars 

Before I could comment on the "Official Best Friend" Kassandra said, "Don't say anything. James and I were really close and he was dared to put that under his description. Okay. Just, don't." 

I decided to not say anything. I looked towards Aaron. "That's peculiar." He was stroking his chin when he said that. 

"What?" I asked. Tiffany  grabbed my leg and asked to go up. "Just a second sweetheart."

"Look at the soldier, 'Drew Thermost'. How did he get ahold of the letter BEFORE my captured wife touched it. Something's going on. Kassandra, can you pull up the missing soldiers list from my sector?"

[1] Dennis Trully

[2] Marcus Lemus

[3] Bari Alto

[4] Tenny Jo

[5] Bob Grum

[6] Drew Telt

[7] Hildagar Macset

[8] Andrew Taltal

[9] Tobias Fort

[10] Jem Capriano (Hush Hush Series)

[11] Noah Shaw (Mara Dyer Series)

[12] James Tutnam 

[13] Allea Goodman

[14] Blaire Brokelle F.

[15] Camielle Tordy F.

[16] Amelia Tutnam F.

[17] Abraham Turnout

[18] Amy Gibbs F.

[19] Adam Troop

[20] Drew Thermost

"I don't think he's missing. I think he's working for the kidnappers Aaron," Kassandra said. 

"I know him. He was the one who I found on the opposite side of the building on the day Paris Anderson was killed. That has to do with this. And he obviously was lying. He said something along the lines of 'I was fixing some guns in the weapons room'. The weapon room, I knew for sure, was on the other side of the compound. God," He slapped his forehead. "I was so distracted by Juliette, I should have caught him earlier. Click on his file, Kassandra." 

She pressed his name to find that his father was a supportive member of The Reestablishment. And he even was a part of a group devoted to worshipping Paris Anderson. "That can't be right. The name of the group is called the Unnamed Society. I overheard my soldiers talking about this group of people who wanted to take over and 'make the world a better place.'" Kassandra started. "The guys said they were really pissed off- excuse my language- at the fact Juliette Ferrars took over."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Aaron asked. 

"I don't know." She replied. "It's as if I forgot all about it, until I saw their name again. I think that was the night I got drugged. Remember when I was acting weird Kenji?"

I definitely remembered that night. I loved it, until Kassandra threw up on me. "Yeah," I said calmly.

"Well, I came here the day after for the nurses to check up on me and they said I was injected with some drug called Introluscious. It made me forget what I heard for the last 24 hours since I was injected. I think someone caught me eavesdropping and put it in my food." 

"Oh God." I said aloud. "So this means we have people working on the inside. Double agents." The sector leaders nodded. 

"You know what this means." Aaron nodded to Kassandra. 

"Yes, soldier testing." 

Thank the lord I'm no longer a soldier. 

Qotc:
If I did do the one-shot contest, what should the prize be?