(9)

JULIETTE:
I quickly opened the door and slammed it shut behind me. I leaned against the wood until I heard a voice.

"Juliette, love, are you okay?" Aaron asked. 

I walked over to him in the middle of the room. "Yes, I'm just wearing an unbelievingly tight bra." I answered truthfully. A blush spread up my cheeks as I realized what I just said. 

He spun me around and put his hands up my shirt. He unclasped my bra before lightly rubbing the area where the marks were.

From hanging under my shirt, the bra fell to the floor. "Huh, strapless," Aaron smirked.

"Oh shut up," I smiled and blushed even more.

"Why were you even wearing it?" He asked, raising one eyebrow. 

"I was with Kassy-" I started. 

"Kassy? Kassandra?" Aaron asked. 

"Yes, whatever. Anyways, we were trying on stuff in her closet when... Oh never mind," I said. I shook my head. 

"What happened?" Aaron asked, a grin slowly taking place on his face. I could see his dimples and my heart melted. I fell in love with him every time he smiled. Thank god it wasn't that often, my heart would be too overwhelmed.
"Never mind." I said. I sidestepped his arms and walked away, only to be pulled by the waist back to him. He placed his forehead on mine. He probably thought that I was hiding something serious. "It's silly, that's why I don't feel like sharing," I truthfully answered.
"I don't care. Now tell me before I ask Kassandra."
"I was in Kassy's closet. It was filled with stylish stuff and I was trying on... Stuff," I didn't want to tell him about the hundreds of pieces of lingerie she owned. And how she was going to give me some. "I went into the bathroom to try on... stuff. When I was in there, I heard Kenji come in to the room and then silence. I heard some other stuff which I do not care to repeat. I had no idea what to do, so I snuck out of the bathroom and into her bedroom to get to the door. Fortunately, I managed to get out without them noticing me. Unfortunately, they were making out on the bed and I... saw a few things I cannot un-see." I glanced at the floor before looking back up at Aaron. He was smiling, mischievously. Ew!
"What type of stuff were you trying on?" I lost the feelings in my legs. My cheeks burned beyond a normal blush. My eyes avoided his. I shifted my weight from one foot to another.
"Why does it matter?" I asked. My cheeks no longer registered as cheeks. They looked as though I had bought blush and just slapped the powder onto my face.
"Love, what were you trying on?" Aaron asked. He snaked his hands around my waist.
"Something new," I answered. I mentally applauded myself.
"New... Like what?" He pulled himself even closer, if it was possible. "Or will I see it soon?"
"No, I'm still recovering," And with that, I slipped out of his arms and walked into his office, closing the door behind me.
I walked behind his mahogany desk where my laptop was charging. I opened it and typed in the password. I logged into my email to find one from Kassy. That's weird, I just saw her.
I opened it to find a document attachment.
I read it and re-read it. It described her alliance with us and its jurisdictions. I didn't like a couple, but they were definitely things I was willing to give up for our joined power. I scanned the document until I couldn't stare it anymore. I exited out of the paper and looked at her actual email. I was so excited! We managed to win her over! 

 I was about to reply when I noticed a P.S. It was about Kenji. I read it and my face fell. She wanted to take him with her to her sector. She said she knew that he and I were friends and that he would only be a couple miles away from our border. She said she didn't discuss it with him yet, but she would soon. I couldn't reply yet, so I just closed my laptop and left the room. 

When I walked out, I found Aaron asleep on the bed. That's odd, he can barely sleep at night. I walked up to him to find sweat marks all over his t-shirt. He wasn't wearing one earlier. Then he started shaking uncontrollably and rolling on his sides. He clenched his teeth and I realized he was in pain.

"Aaron! Wake up! Aaron!" I screamed. I grabbed his face in my hands. "It's just a dream honey!" I blurted out. Great, I spitted out a pet name, now he'll never wake up because he won't think it's me. I leaned down and pressed my lips to his. His trembling lessoned. His clammy hands grabbed my arms and slowly he opened his eyes. He looked up at me,  his face lost and droopy.

"Juliette," he whispered. His throat was dry. I grabbed the water on his nightstand and tipped it over his mouth. He swallowed with trouble. Once the water was down, he said, "Don't worry, it was just a dream." His voice was still a little dry, but it sounded more like him. He sat up and shook his head.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No, not yet at least," he replied. I wasn't going to push him, he looked terrible.

"Come on," I encouraged him, helping him off the bed. He was in desperate need of a shower. He slowly stood up. When he was on his feet, he tried taking a step but almost fell. I held his arms as he steadied himself. Then, I led him into the bathroom. He looked at me confused. "You're taking a shower," I told him.

"Love, I can barely stand on my own. How do you propose I take a shower on my own?"
"Who said you were taking one all on your own?"
"Oh. I like where this is going," He said. A lazy, but adorable, lopsided grin planted itself on his face.
I led him to the shower and closed the bathroom door behind me. I opened the glass door and turned on the shower with one hand while the other held his forearm. When the shower head was on and warm, I pulled Aaron closer to it. He cocked his head to one side. I sighed.

I let go of his arm and slid his shirt up his body, leaving his bare, sweaty stomach to show. I then worked on his pants, unbuttoning and unzipping them. They fell straight off him to leave him in his boxers. I left them on, he could keep them for the shower. I pulled his hand and helped him up into it. When the water reached him and soaked his boxers, he completely stopped moving. He blinked, as the feeling was probably unfamiliar to him, and then he continued to turn around and soak himself all the way. 

I stuck my hand under the water and reached for the soap. I then washed Aaron until he could finally stand up and move around on his own. He was back to normal only 20 minutes after that. By then, he was sitting on the bed, talking to me about James. 

"I cannot believe he has a girlfriend! He's only 11!" Aaron exclaimed. He wasn't quite mad, it actually looked like he was confused. "I mean, when kids say they have girlfriends, they usually don't even know what the word means! But James already had his first kiss!"

"Well maybe you should have spent more time with him." I replied. I pondered over it. "We should tell Adam too. Maybe prepare him for it or something."

"We should also meet the girl."

"Oh Aaron," I leaned down to kiss him. 

When we broke apart, I stayed close to him. "I love you, Juliette."

"And I you."