(7)

WARNER (AARON):

I wondered what Juliette felt like. About everything. She had the weight of all of the sectors, had "murderer of The Reestablishment" apart of her title, and on top of that, she was dating the son of the man she killed.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone clapping my back. I looked up from my seat behind the conference table in the training room. It was Kenji.

"Kishimoto, there's something different about you..." I said, knowing something was up.

"Oh you know... Nothing..." He replied, a grin slowly spreading across his face.

"You didn't do what?" I heard a soft voice. I turned around to see James looking up at me.

I grabbed him into a hug, "Oh thank god you're talking to me again... Ever since we told you about being brothers-"I started.

"Yeah! But you still killed him!" He interrupted and broke apart. He was mad at Adam and I, but even more angry with Juliette, as she did the actual killing of his father, Paris Anderson. James wouldn't talk to her no matter what. Juliette sobbed at first and I wished I was the one who shot our father, so she didn't have to go through that. A mad 10 year old was hard to handle.

I knew it was wrong of me to prefer James be mad at me then see Juliette go through the pain, but I did love her more.

I heard some heels clacking and turned. It was Kassandra walking towards the table with Juliette at her side. Kassandra was wearing a black and silver skirt, short cropped t-shirt, and some studded black monster heels while Juliette sported a formal black business suit.

They continued to walk until they reached their spots. I was at the head of the table while Juliette sat at my right, then Kassandra, and then Kenji. The rest were useless people (in my mind), as Adam was still in Sector 34, negotiating.

I looked at Kenji whisper something into Kassandra's ear. She nodded before whispering something back. Then, one of her body guards leaned forward so she could whisper into his ear. He nodded before leaving.

"Okay, let's begin," I started, scooting out my chair before standing up. I leaned over the table and balanced my weight on my hands. "I want to first acknowledge the family business that just opened up. I am so proud that our people were able to pick up their lives from so long ago and-"

"Wait," James said. He was sitting at his own private table in the corner, reading a book. "Isn't Juliette the leader now?" He asked, cocking his head to one side.

"Yes," Kenji added. "I believe she is."

"Warner and I agreed that he would still handle matters for his own sector, but I would just be above him vetoing or supporting his decisions-"

"Wait... If I decide to join you guys, will Mrs. Warner over here be controlling all of my decisions?" Kassandra asked while she raised her eyebrows.

I answered with a "no" while Juliette answered a "yes". Kassandra looked between us.

"Why don't you guys go figure that out quickly..." She said. Kassandra turned around to Kenji and they became deep in conversation.

"Yes, we will," Juliette grabbed my hand we headed to the locker room.

"Juliette, we have to leave some bargaining space otherwise she won't come!" I told her, putting my most "I am your boyfriend please listen to me" face.

"Aaron," she said, "When I became the new leader, the whole point was for me to lead the people into a new world. Not lead and have some person at the same level-"

"Love, listen to me," I pointed my finger to the ground. "The second she declines our offer, all of the other Reestablishment sectors are going to turn on us. Lives will be lost and other terrible things will happen that go along with war. Kassandra is the most influential person in that room when we aren't in there. Hell, out of all the sectors, she's the most powerful."

"I don't care Aaron-"

"Juliette... Please, just listen to me, I understand your power hungry-"

"Am not!" Juliette looked at me with shock.

"Okay, love, you aren't. Just, please, let me handle this Kassandra stuff." I looked at her while she looked back at me, calculating her options.

She finally gave up with an unwanted "fine" and grumbled a little about how I always got my way.

She looked me into the eyes again and I pulled her close. I kissed her, really hard, hoping she understood that my love for her always came first.

I grabbed her hand and we walked back into the training room.

***

The rest of the meeting consisted of us debating whether or not to push the people into pursuing their dreams and continuing what we had before. In the end, we agreed on giving a certain time period to the people (without them knowing it). During this time, they had the option to come to us with a business plan. Those who came during the six month period would get full financial support from the base. It took some convincing, but we finally managed to all agree.

When the meeting was over, Kenji and Kassandra walked together to the elevator and he slipped her hands around her waist. It was a little too early though, as the elevator was still closing. I laughed to myself until Juliette came over to me.

She smiled and said, "Well done Aaron."

"Juliette? Are you okay?" James popped up from behind Juliette.

"I thought you weren't talking to Juliette?" I asked.

"I am now. I'm not mad at her, I talked to Adam on the phone," He shrugged and slipped his hands into his pockets.

Juliette pulled him into a hug. "Thank god! I was getting worried..." Her eyes watered.

"No, it's okay. I just need you for something..." James looked around the room, nervously.

"Um... James... What is it?" I asked, not wanting to hear if he murdered someone or did something serious.

"Uh... I don't know how to tell Adam, but I figured I'd tell you guys first 'cause I've known you less..."

"James," I pressed him.

"Ihadmyfirstkiss!" He blurted out. "Igotagirlfriend!"