(30)

Aaron:

You don't know what it's like to be ambushed until you have been. I've thrown a black mask over someones head before and taken them through the whole process of not telling them anything, locking them up in the back of a truck, and throwing them behind bars. I've grown all too familiar with the bars against bars sound, so I know that I'm not behind them. It felt more like a door slammed shut.

My head was still covered in the black material, so I pulled it off my head. It didn't really help, though, because the room was dark itself. I felt my way around, until I felt a bed-like shape. I sat down on it, and the weight of who I left behind pressed down on my shoulders like a ship that slowly sunk into the ocean.

"Oh god," I dragged my hands down my face. Kass, Kenji, Jace! Rose! Oh god, what type of father am I? I stopped shaking at the thought and straightened my posture. I clenched my teeth and tucked all of the raw feelings into the back of my mind. This is for Juliette. To get her out of this.

The door opened quietly and a man came in. I followed his every move as he pulled up a chair, still silent, and stood up on it. He was facing the corner of the room, toying with the wall, until I realized he was turning off a video camera. Huh, I didn't notice that before. 

"Why?" I asked, my voice not echoing around the room like I wanted it to. The man didn't even flinch or flick his eyes to me. He just continued to do his job before leaving the room as silently as he came. I stared at the door long after he left. I thought about it for a little, before giving up. I walked to the side of the room he head de-cameralized and I touched around the spot. Just wiring, nothing to watch me. 

I continuously walked around the room and found a picture frame. I had no clue whether or not it contained a photo, but I didn't care. I swung my arm back and hurled it against the wall. The glass shattered and I saw the pieces spread across the room. The sound still rang in my ears as my pulse pounded feverishly all over me. It felt good, but wasn't worth it.

I still didn't know where the hell Juliette was. I had taken one step forward to finding her, interrogating a soldier who knew about the Unnamed Society, to only take two steps back when the society itself kidnapped me. I couldn't believe I had let my love for her trick me into a trap. I was going to find the leader, and I was going to gladly shoot a bullet through her brain, with no remorse at my actions. Then Juliette and I would run away, and make it back to the sanctuary of our home. We'd come back to our children, maybe even have a few more. 

Our lives were not ending any time soon.  

I carefully jumped on the bed and walked across it to the other side of the room. I felt my hands across the wall until I found a switch for the lights. "Ah ha," I muttered. I turned it on and the lights blinded me at first. I kept my hands over my eyelids and slowly adjusted to the sudden brightness of the room.

I tried to turn the doorknob, as it was on the right of the light switch, but it was locked. Obviously. I pressed my ear against the door and was greeted with a silent hallway. I stayed in that position for a few minutes, before letting go of the door.

I was surprised to hear the sound of a women screaming. I pressed my ear once again to the door. It might be Juliette! The women was crying and sobs were heaving out of her. Her cries increased in volume as she was brought closer to the door. My heart sped up at hearing someone cry in such pain. My concern soon turned into anger. 

I felt someone stick a key in my door, and I instantly bounced back to the bed. The people, two burly men, shoved the women in. They slammed the door behind her and I quickly ran up to her. 

"Are you alright?" I murmured. The women took her hands from her face. 

"Aaron?" She asked. I recognized my wife immediately. The guy that came earlier was taking out the video camera so we could have some privacy. At least they have some decency.   

"Juliette."

I tightly embraced her and she sobbed into my shirt. "Aaron..." She said in between cries. "They- w-want to-to-to k-k-kill yo-u-u." I stiffened at her worry. 

"Juliette," I whispered. I soothingly caressed her back until her sobs turned into silence and gasps. I changed the subject to why she was in pain. "What did they do to you?"

She pulled back from me and wiped her eyes. "It doesn't matter, Aaron." She turned around and went to turn off the lights. "I'm tired, Aaron-" I was already on the other side of the room, almost pressed up against her. Three strips of blood showed through her shirt. No wonder she was gasping as I touched her back. I started to pull the shirt up. "No!" She screamed.

"Juliette," I whispered in her ear. "I can make the pain go away. Juliette." I knew the sound of her name coming out of my mouth drew her crazy, so I made sure I articulated every syllable.

 "Fine," she shuddered. "Just don't get mad and go killing everyone in the building. I've made some friends."

"I can't tell you how I'll react before I see it. Just let me be your husband. Trust me. I can make everything feel better."

"I trust you, Aaron." 

Qotc

What is your favorite book on Wattpad? Any recommendations?