(5)

KENJI:

I woke up and got ready for the breakfast date I had with Kassandra. I chose a simple pair of jeans and another black t-shirt that was puffed at the shoulders and ended mid-bicep. I sprayed some cologne on myself, because as Juliette said, "Axe stinks".

I looked in the mirror one last time before leaving my room and walking a short distance to Kassandra's. I knocked and patiently waited.

The door opened and I saw her confused expression.

"You forgot, didn't you?" I asked, a little disappointed.

"Yes, I'm sorry. Please come in," she widened her door which allowed me to see a beautiful view: her body. She was wearing a purple webbed sports bra with some sweat absorbent shorts. She walked in with me following her and gestured to another circular table.

She walked to a drawer, which I suspected had bras and underwear, and slammed it shut. She pulled out a t-shirt and slipped it on. She stared at me while I took my seat. She stood near the table, awkwardly.

"Sorry, I went jogging out today."

"Oh thats okay- Maybe you can invite me next time?"

"You jog?"

"No," I honestly replied.

"Then why?"

"Because of the scenery..."

"It's a ruined sector..."

"Oh no, I meant you," I answered. She cocked her head to one side.

"Wait- You're straight?"Disbelief clouded her eyes.

"As opposed to being gay and having two girlfriends?" I questioned.

"Huh...So," she sat down at the table," How do you know Warner?"

"It's a long story," I answered.

She casted a regretful look towards a closed briefcase,"I have a lot of time on my hands- I'm too lazy to fill out all of this paperwork."

"Okay, first you need to know a little about Castle. He's this amazing man who also has a set of his own powers- but you'll probably meet him soon. Now that you have gotten a quick background, I'll talk about something else which will eventually lead to Warner.

Anyways, when I was younger, I lived in a shopping cart. I was abandoned, living alone- no pity needed. I met Castle in an alley one day and he picked me up and adopted me. He was like my father. Soon, he started building an underground rebellion against The Reestablishment. It was called Omega Point. This, amazing place, would eventually bring those who have powers together. It was amazing! The power we had. Have you noticed how I've been speaking in past tense?" I questioned.

"Yes I have, what happened?" She asked, worry etched out on her face. She picked at the hem of her shirt and looking up into my eyes. God, it was adorable.

"Well, now, the whole thing is destroyed. Everything is gone. Poof. All of those years of hard work down the drain. But anyways, don't get too sad, it gets better. Not as better as it was when we had all of those people, but a little bit better then what this sounds like.

And yet, through all of that, I still haven't answered your question: Warner. Like I said earlier, we gathered people with powers. Eventually, we found out about Juliette. Warner was going to take her and use her as a torture tool-"

"-But I thought they were romantically involved-"

"Well, now they are, but-"

"-Why would she even go with him if he was going to use her to hurt innocent people-"

"-Please! Let me finish!" I said back, a little exasperated.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

'It's okay," I chuckled. "Back to the story. Castle wanted me to go get Juliette away from Warner, so he helped me train and get into his army. When I got there, or here, she wasn't here yet, but eventually he got her out of the insane asylum and brought her here. Any questions?"

"Insane Asylum?" she asked with big eyes. And so, I explained the rest. How I met Adam and how Adam could touch Juliette, even with her sick powers. And then how Warner and Adam were obsessed with who she indeed loved and how she ended up going for Warner because he was hotter, or something.

"No, I don't think that's why." Someone interrupted. Kassandra looked up and I turned around to find Warner standing in the doorway.

"Dude, she totally went for you 'cause you're hotter. I mean girls would kill for a smart-ass blonde guy," I said.

"Definitely," Kassandra agreed with me.

Warner closed the door and grabbed a chair. He sat down with us.

"No, I really don't think that's how it works, you see, Juliette loves me because I helped her find herself." He looked at me and then back at Kassandra. "That is what you want in a man," he said to her.

"Oh my God, you're giving a girl advice on what guy to choose-"

"Shut up, Kishimoto. Anyways, Kassandra, the type of guy you want is sitting right in front of you. Kenji," he said while rolling his eyes, "is a great man, and he will help you discover things you thought unimaginable. Kassandra, I've known you for years now. You two are a perfect match," and with that, he excused himself and left. Was that a blessing?

Kassandra and I avoided eye contact with each other. I think I could hear crickets. Then she sighed and looked up at me. I stared back.

"Don't tell me you aren't the least bit interested in where these powers came from!" She randomly exclaimed.

"Well of course we are! It just takes a lot of time to figure out the extent of a power, and by the time we figure that out for one person, there is always someone else in line."

And with that we continued to talk for hours. It was 8:00 AM when we met and then it was 7:00 PM when I left. I could never talk to a person that long. We set up another dinner date, but I wasn't sure I was ready for it. Were we meant to be friends or a couple? I couldn't find out unless I kissed her, but I couldn't just kiss her out of the blue. Help.

#Kassanji ???