(26)

Yay! Kassanji... Just a relaxing day with their children... Or is it?

Kassandra:

"Baby, wake up," I heard. "Baby boo. Wake up, Kass." I felt some fingers on my cheek.

"No. Let me sleep--" I groaned when I felt a "Tiffany-sized" weight on my belly.

"Mama! Mama!" I felt her slap my cheeks to which I opened my eyes. I saw Kenji's lazy grin first and then an adorable little two-year olds face.

"Mmm... What time is it?" Kenji stretched over me and looked at the clock. 

"9 AM." I sighed. I rubbed my eyes before sitting up against the bed. Tiffany looked up at me with a replica of my face and I pulled her closer. "Hm... My two baby girls," Kenji commented before pulling us both into him. 

"You now have a baby boy too-" I started before Tiffany gurgled. 

"Sebby!" We laughed at her nickname. Kenji kissed my forehead to which I leaned into him. I wished we could just forget about Juliette for a moment. Forget that she's captured, put it behind us, so that we could indirectly think about getting to her. A relaxed mind, I believed, was the key to solving a locked mystery. 

Tiffany slid off of me, capturing my attention, before starting to play with the duvet. "Kenji," I started. I guess then was a good time as ever to tell him about my power. He nodded his head while watching over Tiffany. "This is kind of important." He looked at me, before worry took over his face. 

"You're not pregnant again, are you?" I laughed at his exhausted face. "Okay good," he instantly softened his expression. "What's up?"

He took a strand of my hair and twirled it around his finger. "There's something I'm not telling you."

Kenji immediately stopped. "You're having an affair?" 

I burst out laughing. "Honey, with that pregnant belly, I could never attract men. And no, that's not the only reason why I'm not with someone else. Baby, it's you. Only you," I looked him into the eyes and grabbed his neck. I pulled him in for a kiss, but was embarrassed when he pulled back.

"What is it? Kassandra, spit it out." I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. "Kassss," he prodded.   

"You know how you can turn invisible?" I started. 

"Oh god," Kenji put his hands on his face. "You can do something too, can't you?"

"Yes," I slowly said. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, but you need proper training--"

"Woah. Hold your horses Kenji. It's not that big of a deal."

"Then what is it?" 

"I can--uh-- mind speak?" I tried. I hadn't really thought of a name, but it sounded right. 

"You mean, you can communicate with others via mind?" he asked. I nodded. "God, Kass. You have to tell me those things! Hello!" He gestured to the kids and bed. "This is marriage!"

"Kenji, please don't get mad at me," at that he softened and pulled me into his chest. "I just gave birth. Gimme a break. I wasn't going to tell you, because I thought it was--" I laughed again,"--a dream. It's too weird right now. And I only used it for the first useful time yesterday."

"Wait-- Is that why I keep getting the weirdest images of you and me? And cheese?" Yep, I put those cheesy thoughts there. I stared at him even longer until he got it."You mean?" Kenji asked. I nodded. "Oh God." Kenji gripped me even tighter. "Where is she?" At that, my heart slowly sunk. 

"Kenji, there's also something else I wanted to tell you." Kenji nodded his head, although he wasn't looking at me anymore. He was looking to the wall, deep in thought. When I saw that, I started to cry. The sobs slowly started and then came out of me in heaves. Kenji noticed and started soothing me right away. 

"Shhh... It's just hormones... It's okay," he tried. 

"No! It's not Kenji!" I screamed at him through tears. I took a pillow and started whacking him with it. "Ever since," I managed to start. "Ever since Julie left, all you do is talk about her, and I don't feel like your wife anymore." I choke out. Kenji goes rigid and rips out the pillow from grasp. I sob at the loss of my weapon. The tears trail down my face and even Tiffany goes silent. She slowly starts to wail as well. "Kenji," I wail myself. 

He trails his fingers down my cheeks, wiping away the tears, as Tiffany continues to cry. He completely ignores her as he says this. "If I wasn't your husband, would I do this?" He placed a feathery kiss to my lips. "If I wasn't your husband, would I do this?" He slowly took Tiffany into his arms and rocked her back in forth until she stopped wailing. He cooed her to sleep, even though it was still the morning, and soon she slept again. "If I wasn't your husband, would I do this?" Kenji stood up from the bed, the dark green color palette of our room contrasted amazingly with his tan skin and black hair. He left the room and I assumed put Tiffany to bed. He came back with Sebastian. "If I wasn't your husband, would he exist?" I shook my head as I took the sleeping baby into my arms. "Juliette, a friend, was taken. And the last time she was, she became this broken shell that was beyond repair. Or at least we thought that. We fixed her, and I don't want to go through that hell again."

"I love--" I started. 

The door slammed open and a fuming Aaron stood on the other side, his hand still reaching out from the power of the open door. I looked down at my pajamas and Kenji who was only in shorts. I looked back at Aaron who's face was getting redder by the second. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN WHEN YOU SAY YOU HAVE A POWER THAT CAN TALK TO MY KIDNAPPED WIFE ?"

QOTC

Am I the only one who thinks that people who write one-shots about Aaron (i.e. him caring about a ripped shirt and getting mad or him caring about drinking from the same cup as Juliette) don't actually capture his personality? I mean, COME ON, he loves Juliette for God's sake. Why would he care about her ruining the buttons on his shirt or drinking from the same cup as him? It annoys me so much.