(34)

Juliette:

I wanted to recount our escape now that I was finally out of the societies claws.

***

"Now that we have the rope, lets go." The door was locked, so the only way to get into the hallway was to throw the rope out the window, land on the ground below, and then throw the grappling hook back up to the hallway window and climb through. Aaron and I tied the rope to the bottom of the mini fridge, after testing that it would be able to hold us. I then held onto the rope and climbed down it while gripping my shoes to the wall. Aaron did the same after me, landing without a noise. He then pulled the grappling hook off the grass outside the window, right from where it landed when we dropped it. With some minor troubles, Aaron threw it over his shoulder and attached it to the hallway windowsill above. Aaron lifted me by the waist and climbed the wall with me holding on to him. It was cute to see him struggle, when I could totally get up myself.
"Alright Kenji, you ready?" I asked when we met him halfway in the hallway.
"I was born ready." I gave him the beef and turkey jerky, and he turned invisible so that only the food was visible. He walked forward, grabbing the attention of the bodyguard blocking our only way to the archives. The bodyguard, only bronze definitely not brains, blinked in surprise. He follow Kenji, wanting the jerky, while Kenji snickered. I could hear him, although I'm pretty sure the guard was too dumb to notice the trick. Out of nowhere, the guard dropped, knocked out by Kenji. Our way to the archives was now open.
"I want to burn the archives in which everything about this stupid organization is stored." I poured a gallon of gasoline all around the room, making sure I poured it on papers too. I then took out one of the many lighters in my back pocket and set the flame to the liquid on the left and then set fire to the gasoline on the right. I didn't bother looking behind me as I left the room, the list of things I still needed to do was huge.
"What's going on?" A deep voice rumbled from behind us. Kenji hid into the shadows, ready to strike if anything. I turned around and smiled. Kirby, a dark-skinned 6'8 foot tall man towered over me. "Girly, if you don't get--"
"I brought you a piece offering," I lifted my hands up.
"Ha!" The man looked at me.
"You might want to listen," Aaron interjected. Aaron, being only 5'11, looked tiny in comparison.
"I understand your wife is pregnant." That wiped the smile off his face. "And I know you only just got a job." He growled. I pulled out 3 baby bottles-- the expensive type-- and put them on the floor in front of him. He squinted his eyes. Another noise rose from his throat. "If you let us go, we'll give you these. And maybe something else." Kirby kneeled on the floor. "I'll let you go his time," he muttered.
Aaron and I turned around, ready for the next errand to run. Baby bottles check.
"Mmpjsshdjb," My walkie talkie screeched. I picked it up and placed it against my mouth. "Kass?"
"Got it." Her voice came out pretty staticky. "I mean, I got the car."
"Good. We're kind of almost done."
"Kind of almost?"
"Yeah." I nodded to Aaron who pulled out the fish. He adorably scrunched his nose.
"What about the second car?"
"I'm walking back to get it. This ones unlocked."
"Good." After walking around the building and using the emergency staircase, Aaron and I made it to the garage. We opened the car, left unlocked by Kass, and moved the passenger seat forward all the way. Then we placed the rotten fish under the seat and rolled it back. The stench immediately filled the car, so Aaron slammed the door.
"Was that necessary?" Aaron asked.
"Yes, for revenge purposes-- Oh shoot! I forgot! The teddy bears!" Aaron looked at me.
"Don't tell me we have to open the door again!"
"We do." I held my breath and opened the door to place the blue and pink teddy bear on the seat. I slammed the door in the same 5 seconds. Aaron and I ducked and ran back to the house which held the HQ for the Unnamed Society.
"Why did we do that?" Aaron asked.
"She's pregnant and looking for a way to tell the husband. I figured this was the best." We ducked behind another car, just in case James forgot to take out any snipers like he promised.
"And if it isn't?"
"Who cares!"
"Okay, this next one is funny. Are you ready?" Aaron nodded, rolling his eyes.
We walked to the other side of the parking lot, and ducked behind a BMW convertible. I placed the 1962 bottle of wine on the passenger seat. Aaron and I ducked in the shadows.
I heard them before I could see them. Two teenagers, barely 19, ran to the car. The girl stopped at the sight. "OH MY GOD! The seer was right! A 1962 bottle will appear! OMG! We're going to die! Like she predicted!" I snickered. "AHHHH."
"Calm down! Calm down!" The guy whispered. "Just throw it out. Let's go!" The girl picked up the wine bottle and threw it out. They both jumped over the convertible doors and the boy started the engine.
"Okay, next stop." I led Aaron to another door, marked 103, and I placed the last three items in the bag near his door. "This is beardy Bob. He has a huge beard. This is my present to him." Aaron rolled his eyes as I placed the razors below the door.
"Even though we are escaping, you are too kind." I kissed Aaron. He smiled against my lips.
"To the car!" We raced outside to find James, some girl, Kassandra, and Kenji in their places.
What a night.

Hey guys! For those of you who are not following me, I posted my The Selection Fanfic! "What the Rebels Want" is the title check it out!