(19)

1 year later:

KASSANDRA:

I held baby Sebastian in my arms as Tiffany crawled towards my leg.

"Look, it's your baby brother!" I sat down on the floor with her and she sat on my lap. She poked his cheeks and he smiled.

"Wife! I brought baby food!" Kenji's voice boomed in our new house. I turned around to face the nursery doorway and waited for him to come in. "Hello two-day year old," he whispered to Sebastian. He caressed Sebastian's head and patted Tiffany, who immediately wanted more attention. She started putting her hands up, signaling she wanted to be in his arms. He put down the grocery bags and Kenji pulled her up and held her as she played with his cheeks too. Two and a half year olds with their obsessions of cheeks.

Kenji, again, looked over to his new son. I could see sadness and disappointment in his eyes. "Kenj?" I quickly stood up with Seb in my arms.

"Woah," Kenji said as he helped me up. "You shouldn't be moving so much, especially after just giving birth."

I shook my head. Something was bothering him. I looked down at baby Seb. He had my dark brunette hair, Kenji's Japanese eyes, and not either of our mouths. He was adorable. "Kenji," I suddenly snapped to him. He looked scared. Good. "What is wrong with you? We have a child! Stop... sulking!" I whisper-yelled. Sebastian was falling asleep.

Kenji put Tiffany down and she crawled to my ankle. I put Seb into his crib and picked Tiffany up. I put her into her "big-girl-bed". I kissed them both goodnight, as it was 8:00 PM, and walked out with Kenji to eat dinner.

We walked into the massive kitchen, where a giant island rested in the middle. Kenji pulled out some takeout and microwaved it. We did this all in silence.

I sat down after I set the table, and stared at Kenji's lean back as he looked at the microwave. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his chest and waist. I rubbed his shoulder as I put my chin down on one side. "Please don't leave me now that we have two children."

Kenji abruptly turned around. "What? No!" Kenji saw the tears that were welling in my eyes.

"Then what is it?" I demanded. "Kenji, you have to tell me. Come on, tell me the truth. What's bothering you?"

"Dammit." Kenji looked down before pulling me into a kiss. I was surprised, but I still didn't feel like kissing him back. So I just stood there. Damn, he puts a lot of effort into getting me to kiss him back. "You know Kassandra," he said after pulling away. "It's customary to kiss someone back when they're kissing you."

"Yeah, but what if someone wont tell you why they're mad at their newborn child-"

"BECAUSE HE'S A MIX!" Kenji screamed in frustration. A mix? What the hell was that?

I said just that.

"He's me. He's a mini me-"

"Well, last time I checked, that's the point of a child," I retorted.

"No. You don't know anything about my past. You've never even been to New Asia. You never even met my mom."

"Because you won't talk about her!" I countered. "Now, what the heck is a mix?"

"A Mix. It's a blend of two cultures."

I blankly stared at him. "A what?"

In a baby-ish voice he said, "When mommy is white and daddy is asian, they fall in love, have a special night, mommy gets preggy, she gives birth, and baby has daddy asian eyes." I stared at him, holding in a laugh. "I was illegal in New Asia. Okay? That's why I moved here."

I stopped laughing. My eyes widened. "Oh my God. Oh, baby, I'm so sorry." Once again, tears threatened to spill. I pulled him into a hug and held on tight. I wrapped my fingers around his neck and pulled on his hair. I kissed his neck and ear before moving my head so it laid resting on his chest. I said, "You moving here has made my life complete. I want you to know that. And you should, because we had two special nights, which resulted in two special babies."

I pulled back to look at Kenji. Surprisingly, there were no tears. "I love you baby," he whispered to me.

"I love you too, Kenji." I kissed him right as he was about to. Our lips met in the middle and collided. It was a powerful, slow, and meaningful kiss. He pulled me up onto the counter and we looked at each other.

"Kenji?"

"Uh huh?"

"I love your cheeks." I kissed each of his cheeks. "I love your eyebrows." I kissed each of his eyebrows. "I love your nose" I kissed his nose. "I love your mouth." I kissed his mouth, and stayed a little longer when his tongue pulled me back. "And I love your eyes." I kissed each of his eyes. "I love my babies eyes. I love that he's a daddy's boy by face. I just love you so much. I don't care that you're illegal in New Asia. You're not illegal here. And you're definitely not illegal to me." I wrapped my arms around his thick and muscly neck. "Don't you dare look at our child in that way. Don't you dare look at yourself in that way."

Kenji looked me into the eyes. "I did ask you to marry me."

"And I did say yes."

"We do have two beautiful children."

"And you are the father."

"We bought a gorgeous house."

"And you paid," I joked. He smiled before pressing his lips to mine again. He pulled away before I could kiss him back.

"You want to sleep with your asian baby?" he asked about Sebastian.

I took it differently. "Sure, I'll sleep with you."

You must read the Mara Dyer Trilogy. You must. SO. GOOD.

Read the Kenji story posted on my account. This chapter will definitely make more sense if you do.

Q('s)otc:

Is there anything you specifically like about my fanfic? Anything I shouldn't change?