26. The Chaos

"Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit. This is bad."

Scooter's POV

Heading down to the hall towards Justin's room I click open the door and cautiously step it. Every since Kiera had been sent home Justin had been out of control. He was a mess, going off the deep end and well now me or another trusted crew member would check on Justin every so often. Just in case.

He worried me, and everyone else for that matter. He was getting more violent, more withdrawn and more out of control by the day. Drinking and smoking and getting high were now his norm and lashing out at others was quickly becoming another mo for him.

"Justin? Hey man?" I call out, walking through the dark room, hoping that he was just sleeping instead of wasted out of him mind.

"Justin?" I ask, finally arriving at his bedroom door and knocking lightly. I was not going to be surprised if he snapped at me because he had another hang over and his head hurt. I was so used to it by now. Hearing nothing for a few minutes I push the door lightly, stepping inside.

"Justin?" I say, my eyes adjusting to the low light.

"Oh my god." I say, my key card dropping on the floor along with my phone and probably my jaw. There was Justin, lying in bed, blood across his chest and arms and an empty bottle clutched in his hand. He had tried to kill himself.

"Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit. This is bad." I mumble instantly scrambling to get to his side.

"What do I do? Fuck, what am I going to do!?" I mutter, checking to see if he was still breathing. He was, but barely. I could only imagine that this scene would be different if I had decided to come in a few minutes later. It was horrifying and I cringed just at the thought.

"Help. I need help. He needs help. A hospital. Right, hospital. Call 911." I say, my brain finally starting to think beyond my shock.

Calling 911, it seemed in only a matter of moments a flurry of activity began. Chaos, people coming in and out of the room,crew members wanting to know what happened, calling Jeremy and Pattie, their pain and hysteria, the desperation that I had, the sirens screaming, the hospital and rush of doctors and nurses. Everything.

And then all of a sudden nothing. Nothing but silence and unanswered questions.

"We stabilized him finally. And we're going to keep him here for observation. In case something happens again. He's lucky that you checked in on him when you did. It was close. He's resting, the IV's are doing their job. You can see him, but please not too many at a time. Keep him calm." The doctor says coming out of Justin's room a few hours later.

"Thank you doctor." I say standing up and shaking his hand. Seeing him nod I walk in first, keeping the crew back. They could see him later. Besides I doubt that Justin would want to see them anyways.

"Hey man." I say quietly as we walk in.

"Hey." He says dully, his eyes a dull color and his head hung low. He looked like death. Well considering that was almost what happened I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Like shit." He mumbles, looking away from us. Well that was a stupid question Scooter. I scold myself. Of course he was going to feel like that.

"Justin. You can't keep-" I start to say only to have him hold up his hand to stop me.

"I know Scooter. I'm glad you saved me. I didn't deserve to die anyways. Not after what I've done. I deserve to remember, for the rest of my long pathetic life." He says quietly, shaking his head as he twists his hands together, mindlessly drawing a pattern on the bed sheet.

"Justin-" I start again.

"No. I want to be left alone." He says a bit viciously as he shakes his head.

Sighing again I pat Justin on the knee before walking out.

"I don't believe that you deserve that Justin. Everyone makes mistakes." I say before letting the door click shut.

Rubbing a hand over my face I sigh again. This wasn't going to get any better any time soon. Justin was going to keep going down this path. And what if next time I didn't catch him. What if next time it was worse?

I had already exhausted all my options, there was only one left. One I knew Justin wouldn't like. In fact I knew he'd probably try to kill me if he knew what I was going to do. But I was going to do it anyways. Not just because of his career, believe me that was the last thing on my mind. But for him and for those who cared about him and didn't want to see him suffering any longer. I had to find Kiera and beg her to save him from himself.

Chapter End Notes:

Short I know. But it's just a filler I promise. There is more to come. (: