Hidding In The Closet ~ Portugal X Reader

You sat eagerly on your bed, waiting for the phone to ring. He was suposed to call you any minute now. You stared at your phone as if that would make it ring.

As ready as you were for the call, the shrill ring of your phone caught you off guard. You jumped slightly and fumbled for the phone. It slipped through your fingers as you were trying to answer because your hands had been shaking so badly.

"Hello-!" You breath into the phone.

"Hey." He answers casually.

You smiled at the sound of João's voice. "How was the meeting?"

"Chaotic, as per usual." He sighed. "But at least Tonio was there. It was a little bit more tolerable."

"Only a little?" You laughed.

"It would have been better if you were there." He sounded saddened.

"You know I can't, though. Nations only, remember?" You'd always wanted to attend a world meeting but had never been allowed passed the meeting room doors.

"Noooooo." Sarcasm laced his voice. "I didn't know that!"

"Shut up." You added a laugh.

There was a silence. "Hearing your voice makes my day." He says affectionately.

You are silent for a few moments. Neither of you talk but you can't help but smile. "Likewise..." You say softly. "When can I see you again? We haven't seen eachother in weeks."

"Look out your window." He said casually.

"What!" You rocketed off your bed and stumbled to the window, peering out into the night. "Wh- hey! You're not there!"

He was wheezing with laughter. "No. N- that's becau-" He stopped speaking to catch his breath but ended up laughing again. You, on the other hand, were unimpressed. He composed himself and said in a very serious tone. "That's because I'm in your closet."

"You're not funny, giving me false hope like that." You frown. "And pretending to be a stalker, hiding in my closet." You scoffed.

"Well what did you expect? The meeting was in Egypt today and you're all the way back in (country of origin)." He sounded sympathetic but also as though he was about to start laughing again. "Plus haven't you always wanted a stalker?"

You sighed. "No! Who in their right mind would want a stalker? Well it's night for me here and I have (work/ school) tomorrow." You didn't want to hang up. You still wanted to hear his brash voice. "Call me tomorrow?"

"Anything for you, my dear." He said sweetly. "Goodnight, (Y/n)."

The way your name sounded on his tongue made you shiver. "Goodnight, João." You imitated his voice to the best of your ability.

He laughed good heartedly before the line went silent. He had hung up. You smiled and layed down on your bed, watching the ceiling of your bedroom. "Goodnight." You repeated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(For @Katie_supbro) I didn't know what his human name was so I guessed ^.^ hope you don't mind...