Canada Day Part 2 ~ Author X Reader X Canada

Well it was only halfway through the day when I posted the first part and of course (thanks to my bizarre family) there were more events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At dinner time, we had sausages. For some reason, even if it was Canada day, we had a very German meal. It was composed of sausages, sauerkraut and, of course, beer.

One of the sausages however, was kind of gross. No one wanted it and it was being passed from plate to plate. When it arrived to you (via me), you were to polite to turn it down and stared at it awkwardly.

Rebecca smiled and reached over me and into your plate, scooping the sausage up and transferring it into her sister Rosemary's plate. "You eat it." She said. "You're British, you eat horrible food."

My aunt looked at everyone in turn, her gaze lingering on Mattie. "British food is delicious!"

There was an awkward silence around the table. "Arthur tries his best." You whisper to me. Mattie overheard you and the three of us snickered.

*******************

Later that night, we were all down at a park, ready to see the fireworks. I was snuggled up in my Olympic team Canada hoodie as was Mattie. You were wearing a red (favourite piece of clothing).

We had layed out a blanket and were laying on our backs, staring up at the dark sky as we waited for the fireworks to commence. Mattie was in the middle, I was on his left and your were on his right. Our shoulders were all touching.

The rest of my family were God knows where doing God knows what. Probably starting some kind of commotion somewhere within the crowd.

"Oh God." I yank my hood up over my head and turn my face into Mattie's shoulder. "There are mosquitoes everywhere. I hate mosquitoes! They creep me out. They're like the vampires of the bug world. I hate vampires, Jesus Christ!"

You laugh at me. "Didn't you bring bug spray, Liv?"

"No! In the west it has been so dry that there are no mosquitoes! I didn't know Ontario was infested with them!" I press my fave further into Mattie.

"Liv." Mattie rolls me over. "The fireworks are starting."

We watch the sky as firey colours decorate the inky darkness. You prop yourself up on your elbows and lean down, kissing Mattie. I turn away awkwardly.

I don't know what you guys were doing but when the fireworks had finished and I turned back towards you guys, you were still caught up in a full blown make out session.