Warm Cardigans ~ England X Reader

You were already feeling uncomfortable. Your best friend Feliks had picked out an outfit for you and it was a bit to skimpy for your tastes. He had abandoned you in a corner and skipped off to dance and no one seemed to notice you in the dark corner where you stood.

The pulsing lights and deafening music was making your experience even more unpleasant. You tugged at the (f/c) fabric of the dress Feliks had forced you into in hopes you could pull it down over your knees.

"Nice dress." Someone commented. You looked up and your (e/c) eyes met green ones. Your face automatically grew red as you faced your crush. Feliks hadn't told you he would be here.

"T-thank you." You manage to stutter, still tugging at the dress. "I mean, do you really like it? I don't care for it that much. It's too revealing and I am cold."

Arthur raised a thick eyebrow. "You're cold?"

You nod and give one final tug on the dress before straightening up and facing him. He pulls off his gray cardigan and moves to drape it around your shoulders. It's still warm as you thread your arms through the sleves and do up the buttons.

"Thank you again." You give him a shy smile. "I feel much better now that my breast aren't hanging out for everyone to see."

"So do I." He says. You look up at him, completely shocked. He acts as if nothing had happened and before you could say something, he spoke up. "You know, I can barely hear you in here. Want to join me outside?"

You heart raced as you nodded. Who could blame it? You were going to be alone and in the dark with an attractive man you happened to have feelings for.

He led you outside and sat down on the porch steps. You hesitated before sitting down next to him. The music was so loud you could still feel it beating in your chest. "A little loud, isn't it?" He laughed.

You nodded. "It is." You shifted your weight and sat on your hands. "But aren't all of Alfred's parties noisy?" You'd only been to two. This one and Alfred's last Christmas party. It was where you met Arthur.

He shrugged. "I suppose they are." He turned his head so he could see you. "Feeling warmer?" He asks, glancing at his cardigan.

You nod. "Much better."

He stares at you for a moment longer before scooting closer and wrapping an arm around your shoulder and pulling you into his chest. Your ears burn.

The two of you sit there in silence. You were too afraid too talk. What if you said something stupid? He spoke first. "I like you." He said bluntly.

"What!" You jerked upwards, the crown of your head connecting with his chin.

"Son of a-!" His hands flew to his mouth where scarlet blood had already started to leak from.

"Oh my god(s)!" You reached for his face. "I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot! Are you ok? Wait no, you're not ok. What a dumb question!" You scolded yourself as you rambled on needlessly.

Arthur glared at you then moved his hand away from his mouth. You could clearly see where his teeth had sliced into his lip. "Kiss it better." He demanded.

"What?" A shock coursed through your body.

"You heard me," He leaned towards you. "Kiss it better." He breathed. His face was mere inches from yours.

When you didn't move to kiss him, he took the lead and connected your lips. Your head was spinning. He was kissing you. You! Out of all people! You couldn't wrap your mind around it.

You barely had time to enjoy the kiss. He pulled away and watched your face for a reaction but you just stared. "Wow." You said after a moment of silence. Your eyes settled back on his split lip. "I think we should fix that." You said, still flustered.

Arthur smirked. "Of course." He stood up and took your hand. "You are the one who is going too have too treat it, though. It's your fault after all."

You laughed nervously. "I'll do my best."

He squeezed your hand and walked the two of you back into the pulsating house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(For @Aileen_Kirkland)