Canadians ~ Canada X Reader

You sat in AP Bio beside your best friend, Matthew Williams: only you preferred to call him Mattie.  If anyone else called him that, he would discreetly slapshot them in the stomach at the soonest chance.  You did not want to be slapshoted by him. 

Anyway, you were in the back if your biology class listening to the teacher drone on as you juted down notes in your (F/c) notebook.  It was all going smoothly until Mattie started to get bored and leaned over, whispering jokes and or cheesy Canadian pickup lines in your ear.  You had been able to ignore him up until now.

"Are you a sugar maple?" He whispered right beside your ear. His warm breath tickled your face. "Because I'd tap that."

"Mattie," You hissed.  "Shut up." It took all your willpower not to giggle. 

He leaned away from you only to lean back in a few seconds later.  "What did the pirate say when he turned eighty?" You huffed and rolled your eyes.  Maybe if you ignored him, he'll stop.  Only, he didn't lean away. He was practically leaning on your shoulder.  He wasn't going to go away until you answered.  Keep your shit together, (Y/n).  Unfortunately for you, curiosity was chewing away at your insides.

You bit the inside of your cheek, cursing yourself and your damn curiosity.  "What, Mattie?" You whispered in annoyance.  "What did he say?"

"Ay mayte." He leaned away again.

"Go to hell, that was clever." You glance at him from the corner of your eye.  "Now shut your mouth and focus.  We actually need to pass."

You thought you had finally gotten him to focus, but apparently, you were wrong. 

"- Some animals have antifreeze compounds in their blood to keep them warm -" You were only able to catch that one sentence from your teacher before Mattie leaned towards you again.

"Canadians." He whispered.

You couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing, slamming your knees into the bottom of your desk in the process.  "Ouch-" You wheeze in between laughs. 

It took you a whole minute to notice all eyes were turned on you, including your teacher's. 

"Miss (L/n)," She raised an eyebrow, obviously unimpressed.  "Are we disturbing you?"

You glanced at Mattie beside but that only ensued another laughing fit.  "Canadians!" You wiped a tear from the corner of your eye. "I'm sorry miss (Teacher name), it's Mattie's fault." You look towards him again and laugh even harder. 

Your teacher sighed in annoyance and looked towards Mattie.  "Mr. Williams," She massaged her temples.  "Would you kindly escort miss (L/n) out of the class and help her regain her composure?"

Mattie nodded and helped you stand as you were still doubled over in laughter.  He practically dragged you out of the class; your legs had gone weak with laughter.

As soon as the door shut behind you, you permitted yourself to laugh even harder.  Mattie brushed your (H/l) (H/c) out of your face.

You were able to hold in your laughter for a few seconds, that was until your (E/c) eyes met his violet ones. Then you both laughed together.  He dragged you down onto a nearby bench where the both of you laughed it out for a few more minutes. 

You had to stop when you were no longer able to breathe.  You looked over at Mattie to see if he had composed himself.  He had.

He was also staring at you, grinning from ear to ear. 

"What?" You asked, a hiccup escaping your lips. You giggled once the focused on Mattie again.  He was still staring. "What?" You repeat, giving his shoulder a slight shove.

He leaned in towards you, still smiling. You felt drawn towards him and leaned in as well.  When your faces were meer inches apart, he dodged you and went for your neck, blowing a raspberry into your sensitive skin.  You screeched and tried to push him off but he had an arm wrapped around your back holding you in place.

"Mattie!" You pushed at his shoulder. "No!"

He pulled away laughing and stood up, offering you a hand.  "Shall we return to the 'oh so important' biology class?" He asked.

You gladly took his hand and stood up.  "After you, sir Williams."

He dipped his head in a polite bow and you walked back to class hand in hand.  When you arrive at the door, he turned to you.  "Hey," He said softly. You turned to look at him.  His violet eyes sparkle.  "Want to get ice cream after school?"

"Wha-!  But Mattie!  It's the middle of winter!" You gesture wildly out a nearby window. 

Mattie rolls his eyes and takes a hold of the classroom doorknob. "Antifreeze, remember?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/n) for all those who didn't get the sugar maple pickup line:
Sugar maples are the type of maple trees we tap the sap (hehe wth it rhymes) from to make maple syrup :P