Canada Day ~ Author X Canada X Reader

Ok guys so I thought I'd bring you into my family (composed of Canadians and Brits alike- me being both nationalities withmy dual citizenship) dynamics for Canada day. Everything recounted here actually happened either today or yesterday. These events have shown ne how very stereotypical my family is.

People:
Mattie (Canada)
Olivia (Me)
Rebecca (My mum)
Shane (My dad)
William (My little brother)
Peter (My Canadian uncle)
Diane (My Canadian aunt)
Andrew (My oldest Canadian cousin)
Matthew (The middle Canadian cousin)
Cameron (My youngest Canadian cousin)
Rosemary (My British aunt)
Fraser (My British uncle)

So! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/n)." I whisper in your ear. You are currently face planted on your pillow, hair in disarray and also drooling. "We made pancakes."

"Pancakes!?" You sit bolt upright, nearly fracturing your skull against mine.

I laugh. "Yep. Andrew made them."

You rub your eyes. "With real maple syrup?"

I smile. "Of course real maple syrup." I stand up from sitting on the edge of your bed. "We aren't Americans after all. None of that watery Aunt Jemima stuff."

**********************

After breakfast, I drag you out of the house to go search for Mattie. I mean, it was his birthday after all. I had organized it so we would all meet at Tim Hortons.

Not five steps down the driveway, Rosemary swung the front door open, brandishing an umbrella. "Liv! Don't forget your brolley!"

I turn back towards the house. "Auntie Rosie, this isn't England." I remind her.

She pauses. "But take it just in case. You are British right?" I nodded. You tried to suppress a laugh. "Well all British people are fairies. If it starts raining you'll get your wings wet and that's not good."

I sigh and take the umbrella from my aunt. "Thanks, auntie Rosie."

"Oh and wait for Fraser. He wants to go with you."

***********************

"You know, you Canadians were much nicer about your independence." Fraser said, peering down at us. "Those damn Americans just had a Bitch fit and threw perfectly good tea into the sea."

I glanced at you and giggled. "At least they didn't add Hobbnobs to the salty tea mix."

"Thank God for that!" He brushed a hand over his bald head. "And thank God they lost in 1812."

*****************

After having met up with Mattie, we all headed back to the house for some Botchi Ball. We were on a team together, reader to kick some butt. "Ok (Y/n). You go first." I say handing you a red ball.

Of course, we were awesome and obliterated the other teams. "Good job, Liv, (Y/n)." Mattie said.

You smiled at him. "Happy birthday."