Special Chapter: Crossroads ( Part I )

[AN: Assuming that you still remember the story Twisted haha. Baka kasi 'di niyo magets kung babasahin niyo 'to e. And hmm just to make things clear, this is just a one shot and definitely will not be related to Twisted 2.0 (kung may chance man na magawa ko 'yon sa kabila ng hectic schedules ko) Thank you and enjoy reading...]

"I have loved you. I love you and I always will" I said as I planted a kiss on her lips.

I saw her smile but tears suddenly fell from her eyes. She's sleeping now but seems like part of her is still awake. My heart broke, I know she is hurt as much as I am. But there's a big difference, she's hurt because there are things I haven't explained to her. I know I was being unfair to her all this time because aside from letting her go and fly to France, I broke up with her. Well, she was the first one to give up on us because of her stupid dreams but then she regretted it after. She told me that she will give up France for me. I believed her, but I didn't allow her to come in to my life again. I told her it's over. I told her, I don't believe her. I told her, I can't trust her again because she chose to be with Vice again. But all of those were just lies. Never did I explained to her my real reason for letting her go.

I let her go because of her friend, Solenn. She told me that if I'll continue to be with Anne, she won't be able to reach for her dreams. Solenn was right, what if I didn't break up with Anne? Probably she won't be able to reach for her dreams for she will be judged by the people around her because she's having an affair with another woman.  Anne, even the time that we were just friends, told me how much she wants to be a model, particularly in France. I love her so much that even it hurts like hell that she is willing to give up on me just to reach for her stupid dreams, I let her go.

"Maiintindihan mo rin kung bakit ko ginagawa 'to. Mahirap.. mahirap pero I'll do this for you. For your own good. I love you Anne."

I quietly stood up from bed trying my best not to wake her up. I wiped a tear from my eyes as I look at the ring on my finger.

"I'm sorry. I love you" I said trying to hold back my tears. Seems like by just looking at the ring, everything that happened to us went on a flashback. Everything that happened in our relationship may it be good or bad, I remembered it all through that ring.

I removed my ring and placed it on the necklace Anne was showing me a while ago. Now, in her necklace, there's her ring and my ring as well. It's over. I'm setting you free. Have a good life Anne.

Anne entered the restaurant where Karylle asked her to go, as soon as she got there, a man quickly accompanied her inside.

'Woah' she managed to say when they reached a dimmed room with nothing but a table for two. It was romantic indeed, the table had a lighted candle and a delicious dish was already served. The man left her without saying a word.

'Karylle!' Anne happily shouted and gave her a hug. 'You didn't inform me that we'll have a romantic dinner. Sana sinabi mo para nakapagsuot man lang ako ng maayos at nakapagpaganda man lang'

Karylle chuckled and held Anne on the chin making her face her. 'You're always beautiful in my eyes Anne' she said. 'Have a seat' she said again and moved the chair for Anne before taking her own seat. 'So uhmm.. let's eat? Alam ko naman na napagod ka sa trabaho at-'

'K...'

'Uh.. yeah?'

'Go straight to the point. What's with these? Dinner with candle light, the flowers this morning at home, the box of chocolates in the office plus 'yung sumundo sa'kin sa work para ihatid dito. What's with all these? I mean.. ano bang-'

'Anne.' Karylle said nervously holding Anne by the hand. 'Uhmm..'

'You're cold. Are you nervous?'