Magenta - Part 8

Kris Holden-Ried, my Justin.  :)

Wha... where am I?  Why am I strapped down?  What's going on?  Oh right, they think I'm crazy.  Because I am crazy I guess.  How in the name of all that's Holy do I have wings?  Oh, wait I don't have wings do I?  It's all a figment of my tired and overworked imagination.  Or I'm totally bat shit crazy...  I was staying up to make those International phone calls when I should totally have been sleeping.  Buying truffles is a cut throat business, but only the best for Jessica's restaurant.  No short cuts, only the best ingredients would do for her and running myself ragged, traipsing all over the other side of the city just for some ripe citrus had resulted in me losing it in some alley near that club.

Something happened to me that night.  I don't know exactly what happened and I'm pretty sure if they just keep dosing me up here in this hospital instead of letting me talk to someone about it I'm never going to find out what it was...  There's this feeling I'm getting, a buzzing in my ears, like I'm hearing another person's blood flowing through their veins, not my own.  I really want to get out of here.  Will someone please get me out of here?  Please? 

.........

"Gentlemen, I need you to be specific please.  Who is it you're here to see?" The woman at the desk asked after we informed her why we were there.

"His name's Justin.  He was brought in claiming to have wings." Scott said to her.

"Oh that one." She said batting her lashes.

Scott and I looked at each other, wondering why he was so memorable.  Maybe something to do with his new abilities?  She went on to say, "Cutie pie, and tall too."  She said with a smirk then shrugged and turned to the telephone.  "Dr Easterman?  There are some people here who say they know the patient in Room 3.  Do you want me to send them to your office?"

"Yes Sir." She said then hung up the phone and gave us directions to the Director's Office.

When we got there, Scott had a ready explanation for the raving, the hallucinations and if the wrong kinds of questions arose, a reasonable theory for why their tests didn't pick up anything in his bloodwork.  That was if they had done any testing.  They probably wouldn't have been checking for heavy metals.  We knew they wouldn't have a complete medical history, so something with an easy explanation would be exactly what the doctor ordered for a quick discharge.  It worked like a charm.

We were taken to Justin's room, he was strapped to a really uncomfortable looking bed and his eyes were nervously jumping between us and the doctor.  His gag was stopping him from speaking and we knew Scott only had moments before the game was up if he didn't acknowledge us.

"We're here to get you out of here Justin." I said with a smile.

Scott nodded and used his ability to speak softly into Justin's ears alone, "Go along with us OK.  You're not crazy and we can explain."

The guy on the bed nodded and when his restraints were removed he was eager to come with us.  He was tall, yep that's right another tall hot guy.  He had curly hair, the kind of short haircut that made it stick up all over like a lion's mane and this face scruff was kind of making him look a bit lionish all over.  This almost made me laugh out loud considering he was actually some kind of supernatural creature with wings.  What kind?  I was hoping we could figure that out. 

When he'd dressed and been handed his personal belongings, we led him out of the building.  When we were out of earshot and sitting in the car, he finally spoke.

"So, are you guys really going to help me or are you just getting me out of the Looney Bin?" He asked.  Giving him a reasonable explanation in the moving vehicle wasn't really in the cards.  We needed to be facing him and ready to show him what he needed to see, not just tell him.