Zass - Part 5

Brad Beyer, how I see James.  :)  The pace is about to increase Lovelies.  Hope you can keep up!

"Freedom!"

I landed on the roof and looked down and back at the interlopers.  There was something familiar about them, but where one part of my brain was screaming his name, 'Scott?'  The rest of me was shoving that annoyingly soft side to the blackest, farthest reaches of my brain.  I might have loosed my chains and gained ascendency for the time being, but I knew better than to ignore the small blue ball of light that was still shining in the swirling darkness.  

At more than one time in my life and afterlife, I'd tried to get Zass to set me free.  When he was still Mitchell, I'd mostly been stuck deep in his brain.  The dark part of him that came out when he was angry and still human, and when he was aroused.  When Morgan had been educating him, pain had been part of what she had initiated him into, basically to get him used to her fangs.  It was an unavoidable part of the experience but unwelcome to him at least in the beginning.  After he changed and he let that pleasure pain response take the front seat I got to have fun.  When he struggled to keep his meals to a minimum and leave his donors satisfied and still breathing, that's when I fought the hardest to come out and play. 

It was so frustrating, having to be a 'good boy' for the past few hundred years.  Sitting in the dark prison Zass had erected around my part of his personality had been totally infuriating.  The few times I had managed to shut down that annoying bright blue spark that ruled over our personality it had resulted in nights of debauchery, blood and pain.  Sometimes I wanted to be the one giving the pain and sometimes I wanted to be the one receiving it. 

Looking at the tall blonde who was straining to make out the rooftop I was standing on, I remembered him.  But wasn't he dead?  That's why Zass had let the walls around me crumble.  When he couldn't take the pain he let me take charge to stop feeling.  The only times Zass was into pain was when I came out to play.  Most of the time he held me in check with blood and sex, making sure I was kept satisfied by other means.  Sometimes though I helped to remind him that a little pain was good too.  Sometimes a lot. 

That time with Scott, when he hadn't been able to satiate me with mere blood had been amazing.  Zass hadn't fully let go since Nathaniel and even then, Nathaniel hadn't been able to give Zass everything we needed.  But that man down there had satisfied even me, and then he'd healed us hadn't he.  The annoying and lingering ache that stuck around in my bones hadn't been there.  His blood had been more than tasty, it had been... addictive. 

Mmm maybe I should stick around a while.

"Just ignore the tall, blonde Mika.  You stick around for anything meaningful with that one and the little blue spark just might put you back in your box." I muttered to myself. 

"Zass?"

I heard his voice again, floating up on the night air.

I stepped back to the edge of the tall building and looked down towards the alley entry, focusing my distance vision on the group standing down there as the officers of the law approached to ask their questions.  He spread his arms in obedience to the instructions he was issued and I caught a faint whiff of scent on the small puff of wind that rose up past my nostrils.

"Mmmmmmmmmmm." Oh yes, he was delicious.  And there was something about his blood that I wanted... needed?  Something was itching in the back of my mind about the possibilities that drinking him dry could deliver.  He was something more than a mere mortal now and my canines itched as I remembered that tang on the back of my throat last time I'd had a real feed from him.  Not to heal, but to taste him.  My belly growled at me and I looked over the wall again, noting the other man standing with him, both being questioned about the wounded bullies I'd left in the alley.  I heard them say that they had come across the scene and were not involved.    The police looked dubious, not that I cared.  I was just... ravenous all of a sudden and I wanted that Blonde walking blood-bag again.