Zass - Part 4

"Hey Cutie, I'm Bambi!  Remember me?"  She asked.

Yes definitely remembered that tasty snack.  "Of course Girl, how've you been?"

'Can't complain, although I have a serious jones for Mimosa's lately!" She smiled coyly at me and I showed her my dimples before she said, "You wanna go neck again?"

"Sure thing Sweets." I nodded and she took my hand to lead me away from the crush on the dance floor.  We'd made it to the edge of the open space, when someone I was assuming was a friend of hers came up to us with two drinks.  Bambi rolled her eyes and stood next to me.

"Hey Bambi, who's your friend?" She asked.

"Hi Tink, this is..." She held out a hand for me to say my name and I surprised myself when I answered 'Mika'. 

Oh shit, until that moment I hadn't felt the beast begin to press against the cage I had locked him in.  I guess the alcohol and EDM had me in such a trance that Mika had begun tearing at the walls I usually erected high around him and he was starting to break free.  I took one look at the two in front of me and told myself to pull it together.  Unfortunately for them their scents had reached me once we'd moved further away from the sweaty bodies on the dance floor and I could feel my fangs budding in my gums.  My mouth filled with saliva and I swallowed, knowing part of me wanted their blood more than I wanted to restrain myself until I was actually hungry again.

Tink appeared to be the jealous kind, because she got in my face when she gave Bambi the drink in her other hand, edging me away from her BFF.  She looked down her nose at me, taking in my youthful and guileless seeming appearance.  At a guess, I thought she must have been thinking I wasn't any kind of threat to her position next to Bambi, but then I looked at her and caught her eyes.  When I knew she was focussed on me, I let myself have a little fun and peek out at her for a second.  Had Scott seen me at that moment he would have been totally freaking out, because the black was showing, not the blue.

"Bambi..." Tink said, stepping into her friend and moving her further away from me.  This time my smirk showed a bit of teeth, including a very large canine and I smelled the fear sweat that broke out all over Tink's skin.  Deep in the Queen's subconscious she knew I was a predator under my sheep's clothing, and she grabbed her friend by the arm to drag her away from me.  I gave a full throated laugh as they exited stage left, but even I was caught off guard by the sound of my laughter.  It wasn't my usual voice I heard in my ears.  Mika was scratching holes in the walls caging him and my grip on those walls was failing.  I could feel myself sobering up and starting to feel again.  It was the last thing I or Mika wanted.  So we went looking for another inebriated snack. 

Yeah, we.

..................

Back at the Penthouse, we piled into my SUV and the one that Tank and Cerberus had arrived in.  Father Rinaldi, Luther, Angela, Iris, Kirstie and Jezebel came with me and Marcus, Pegasus, Avi and Kevin went with Tank and Cerberus.  We could have taken another vehicle, but that would have been too much like a convoy and Father Rinaldi and Luther preferred not to travel with Vampires but it also meant I was with all the women.  It felt like I was now responsible for their safety rather than the other way around, which I was sure was bound to be the case with Angela and Jezebel at least.  I still wasn't sure what to make of Iris, but I thought she would be the type to stand on the sidelines, neither aligning herself with us nor Zass.  She was ruled by another master although I didn't know who.

I knew Zass had been at the Club.  I knew he had fed from more than one person and I knew he had left on foot.  We would check it out and make sure we didn't have any mess to clean up before looking for him in the immediate vicinity.