Magenta - Part 6

This chapter dedicated to The_BaddestGirl and ggmomma0812. Thanks for the kind kick up the pants! XD

Mick St John - The rather gorgeous Alex O'Loughlin. If you haven't watched this one season Vampire Series you really have missed out. Go my Lovelies! Find it, watch it and thank me later. :)

"Mick, Scott.  Scott, Mick." I said shortly, introducing them to each other. 

"Oh!" Scott exclaimed his expression brightening into a welcoming smile, as he shook Mick's hand quickly.  "You're the numbers guy Zass was telling me about."

"Numbers guy?" Mick chuckled.  "Yeah, I guess that's what I am, now I'm not a P.I. anymore.  You're getting out of the game now too eh Zass?"  He slicked his hand through his hair again and I remembered this was one of his more endearing nervous ticks.  He still behaved so very human, for a Vampire.

"Yeah, it's time.  So, no luck patching things up then?" I asked him.

He shook his head sadly.  "She's happy, has a son with Tad and another on the way.  She's got a regular column she writes for and she's away from all the Supernatural drama that used to lob on my doorstep constantly."

"Mick, I'm sorry Man." I bridged the gap between us and hugged him.  He accepted the gesture then stepped back and shrugged.

"It's OK Zass.  It's been 3 years now.  I check in on them every now and then, just to make sure they're OK.  Each time I let go just a little bit more.  I'm ready to move on.  So tell me about your plans!" He said with a slightly forced smile.

"Well, we're opening a club.  Sorry all you got was a text message invitation, but you're a hard man to reach.  Anyway, Scotty and I are going into business to hide our other business.  Basically I'm finally taking the crown and placing it firmly on my head.  I wanted to know if you'd join me on this new adventure.  I need a... Financial Advisor, someone with a head for numbers, who knows the extracurricular activities we'll be keeping from the public eye.  Someone I can trust, someone who can tell me when the deal I'm being offered is fair or I should turn it down."  I made an eek face then continued.  "Basically I really need a fast education in running a Nightclub too.  Since you performed in one for all those years and you're the best numbers man in the business, it made sense to ask you to join me and Scott in my next venture.  If you're game?" I said with a grin.  "I can hire an actual Accountant for the scut work, but I need your more expanded skill set too, if you're interested."

Scott eagerly nodded along with me.  I looked at Mick with a hopeful expression and breathed a sigh of relief when he nodded encouragingly.  "OK.  Tell me everything."

We filled him in, describing our vision for the club and its future.  How his past as someone used to being in the firing line would come in handy.  Especially if people merely considered him a stuffed shirt on first impression, that would come in handy later on if things got rough.  Besides, the more Vampires I had in my entourage, the better I'd feel when entertaining other Clans.  Especially if they were experienced warriors like Mick. 

"Zass, I heard about Vegas.  I know this is a really big step for you, but are you sure you don't just want to run the club instead of being Master?  It would be easier." Mick asked with a curious expression.

I shrugged.  "Easier and less fun!  I fully expect large amounts of drama, equal amounts of frustration and just a slice of spectacularly awesome!" I said with a toothy smile.  "Scotty here is in need of a wider education in all things that belong to our world, and it's time I continued his education." I said savouring the anticipation with a sexy smile at Scott thrown in for good measure.  "To the untrained eye, Scotty here's my Human Companion, which until a short time ago was exactly what he was.  He's definitely a lot more than that now.  But we want to keep that little secret under wraps as much as possible." I told him.