Magenta - Part 2

As my Mistress commands!  Yes you know who you are. XD

Oh yeah, the shirt Mitch is wearing on his birthday.  Well... I just have nothing... The Universe is laughing at me again or he knows something he's not telling.  Anyway, on with the story!

"Tank?" Zass asked the other voice, as I turned to listen to the person picking up the other end of my own call.

"Alex?" I said cautiously.

"Scotty?" Came the reply.

"Oh, I'm so glad to hear your voice!" I said with a sigh of relief. "I'm calling to let you know Zass is back. He's been upgraded a bit and I guess so have I, but we need to show you in person. I was wondering how you'd feel about coming over for a visit?"

"Will there be coffee?"

"Of course!" I laughed. "Anything else you want?"

"Weeeeelllll." He said with an amused tone in his voice.

"Oh that's definitely on our menu if you're interested. We need to talk to you first about a few things. When are you free next?" I asked.

"Tonight?" He said quickly.

I smiled and agreed on a time then rang off. Someone was eager. Not that I was complaining. We wanted him to want us and I was looking forward to introducing him to my new 'love handles' too. I got slightly flushed just thinking about it, before turning to see where Zass was with his call.

"Thanks Tank. See you soon." Zass said as he hung up.

"Not the sort of thing you ask over the phone huh?" I asked.

"No. That is going to be one conversation we'll need to have face to face. Besides, he wants to see for himself that I'm really me." Zass said with a wry smile. "I heard Alex is coming over to the Penthouse tonight. Can't wait! Now, Mick is next."

"Remind me who Mick is?" I asked. "I don't think you've mentioned him before last night." I said, wondering who he was.

"Mick is an interesting example of a modern vampire. He's young by many standards being only 93, although he looks like a really hot thirty something Dad. He's over 6 feet tall, has longish brown hair, dreamy eyes that change colour when he wears certain clothes. He had this sky blue shirt he used to wear and you'd swear his eyes were the same colour. He wears grey, they look grey, green, green you get the idea. So expressive."

"Sounds like you knew him quite well." I said wondering how intimate their relationship had been.

"Oh, he was goofy in love with a girl named Beth when I met him, co-incidentally on a case. He was a PI until the cops began to suspect something was off and he and Beth had to leave. Last I heard from Misha he was single again."

"Beth couldn't take dating a Vampire?" I asked sadly.

"Unfortunately no. She was like Kris, so determined to have a human life. I think her need for children was what finally broke them up for good. But I hope he's finally past it and ready for a new challenge, because the guy's got a genius streak for numbers, accounting and all that financial stuff. He set me up with my current i.d. and actually helped me when I needed an education to make an online presence. I can't think of anyone more capable outside Misha to run that side of things. I hope he's up for the challenge."

"Misha wouldn't consider it?" I asked.

"Nope, not in a million years. He'll never be tied to a desk that one. Too eager to expand his own Empire. Besides, we make much better friends than work colleagues. I think I'd be tempted to strangle him day one if we tried to work together. But I'm sure he'll have his two cents to put in on the planning stage. I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't at least get his opinion on the club before we finalise the whole thing. He'll probably have a handle on people in construction we can trust for those little extra things that need a bit of discretion too. Another phone call!" He shrugged. Then quickly shrugged into a robe as the door was pounded on by a heavy fist.