Zass - Part 15

So unappetizingegg got sup3rpentafreak to do this amazing half Mitch, half Zass edit for me on Tumblr. Amazing right! I can't even tell you all how many favourites the icon @ptxmargie made me of blue-eyed Mitch is getting on Twitter! I'll put that one on the Bonus Chapter! Zass is truly part of my life now and I guess he's part of yours if you've got this far!

OK so I know you Lovely Readers were expecting a whole bunch of smut this chapter... But the story called some more and so there's just a bit.  But don't despair, the Bonus this time will be lots of 'fun' for you Thirsty Babes!

When he looked away from the sun, I could see the joy in his eyes.  I could see the blue I had been missing and I could see the ageless quality that he'd always had was now tempered by a look of ancient knowledge in his eyes.  He smiled and let me take him all in for a moment.  "Have I changed that much Scotty?" He asked.

"It's not change so much as there's more experience showing in your eyes.  Like everything you lived through before was hidden.  Now I can see it reflected there."  I smiled and said, "It'll take a bit of getting used to.  But it's not a bad thing, especially now that you intend being the true Master of the City."

"Only if you'll join me Scotty." Zass stated.  "I'm going to need you, not only to help me decompress after all the crap that people are going to expect me to deal with.  But to keep me grounded so I don't let the power go to my head.  I might have to make a few tough decisions in the beginning as a deterrent.  I hope not.  But we'll see!"

"I can definitely get behind that kind of leadership.  That kind of leader too." I said with a side grin.

"Why, whatever can you mean Sir?" Zass sniggered and pecked me on the cheek.  Then he said quickly, "We've got company."  He darted to the bathroom and threw on a robe, then returned to the bed, sitting down next to me again.

There was a knock at the door a moment later and I heard a familiar voice.  "You boys OK?  You decent?!?"  A loud laugh accompanied that last question.

I rushed over to the door and pulled it open as Zass shouted "Kevin!" and ran over.   He leapt into Kevin's arms and nearly knocked him over.  But the freshly turned Supernatural being just chuckled and set Zass down before nodding in my direction.

"Hey Sassy.  That is you in there right?" He asked.  "Tank said there might be a possibility that sexy little body wasn't Zass anymore, but I had faith." Zass nodded and Kevin smiled, flashing his very white smile.  He took in the open windows and Zass's apparent indifference to the sun and said, "Guess you don't have a problem with UV anymore either, Huh?"

"Check that little problem off the list!  Plus, Scott here helped make sure everything turned out.  Mika won't be coming back, but he's back to being part of me so you might see a few hairy turns here and there while I get used to living with him again." Zass said with a wry grin.

"No worries Sassy.  I think I can handle a little rough terrain.  So, thanks for the assist buddy.  Dad refused to help.  You were right.  He just wanted me to settle down and provide him with twenty grandbabies."  Kevin shook his head.  "I don't even have a woman in my life.  The closest I have to that is Ching-Mae and she's 60 if she's a day!" He let out a huge belly laugh again and we both smiled along with him.  Then I remembered the circumstances of our last meeting and had to interrupt the banter.

"Wait, wait, wait.  Zass threw you out of a building.  In what world was that helping?  Please explain." I demanded.

Kevin nodded at Zass and let him fill me in.  "Kevin's a Phoenix.  But Phoenix's are very rare and we've recently had an idea as to why.  The first change has to be because a Supernatural changes them.  In essence, a Phoenix won't turn if they're killed by mundane means, car accident, serial killer..."  Zass grinned quickly then continued.  "Back in the day it was a Father's job to bring over his children.  Something a lot of them were squeamish about because in essence they had to commit murder.  So they started to die out.  Kevin's Father refused to change him or let his family help.  He wants nothing to do with the Supernatural Community especially the Council.  Although, it might give him some hope if he learns I plan to lead from now on.  Anyway, the fact that I killed Kevin counted as a Supernatural death being that I'm a Vampire."  Zass shrugged.