24

"I'm gonna miss you, little one.." I mumbled, hugging Lilac and kissing her forehead. I could see Mrs. Wilkinson smile out of the corner of my eye. She was glad that Lilac and I had formed a strong bond.

"Will you come over to play?" Lilac asks, pull back from our embrace. 

"Anytime you want. Sammy and your mommy has my number, okay?" I grin. I will miss Lilac. Even though I had a bunch of shit going on with Sammy, Lilac and I had our fun. She was the sweetest little girl I have ever met. She's humble and adorable and she has a heart of gold. She will go far in life and I can't wait to see her grow up. She nods, smiling at me as she leaves the room to let Mrs. Wilkinson and I speak. Lilac goes back to her playroom to watch Little Einsteins. "Thank you for telling me what happened, dear." Mrs.Wilkinson says, leaning in for a hug. I accept then after a few seconds I pull away. I send her a sad smile, as I see the disappointment on her face. She had never expected all of this to happen to Sammy.

-

4 MONTHS LATER

Over these past four months, I've visited Sammy in the hospital. Each time, I could see him slowly recover. Bruises would disappear every week and by the third month, the doctor informed us that his casts would be removed. 

Gilinsky had told me that when he was well enough, we would go to court, but the doctors refused to discharge him from the hospital until he was fully recovered. They didn't want to risk anything. Sammy was going to be discharged today, and I was going there to give him a ride back to his house. He was given freedom from jail until the final decision of the trial.

I told him a couple months ago about Gilinsky's deal and how I accepted. Sammy was fine with it, he was really excited, actually. He wanted to kick that son of a bitch's ass.

-

"Are you excited to go back home?" I ask Sammy, walking with him out of the hospital. I cringed at his rugged and ripped clothes, those were the clothes that he was wearing when they brought him into the hospital. "I'm excited for the trial." Sammy laughs. I look at his body. There is not a trace of any markings. His arm and knee were working perfectly and he seemed to be in tip top shape. I sighed in relief. Sammy looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

I open the door for him and I walk over to the other side to get into the driver's seat. I started the engine, feeling a hand being placed on my arm. I look over at Sammy. 

"Wait." he says, leaning into my lips. I do the same when I realize what he was trying to do and eventually our lips pressed against each others.